Has Anybody Here Vinyl Wrapped Their Boat?

It's not easy. Most I'll take on myself is wrapping parts. A whole hull would be hard to do thats for sure. I put a big graphics kit on the aluminum siding on my camper and that was a pain. One of those looks good from far type dealies.
Was the DE that you sold last year wrapped or painted?

I orange peeled it a bit but most people never noticed. Not any more than a factory Ford but still bugged me. Super tough durable paint though.

Here is a pic from social media

Attachments

• 20180129_191841.png
    20180129_191841.png
    1 MB · Views: 253
If I could hit the like button 100 times I would. That’s about the perfect boat! Couldn’t imagine what you traded it in for.

If I could hit the like button 100 times I would. That’s about the perfect boat! Couldn’t imagine what you traded it in for.

Thanks, it was a nice DE but the new boat blows it away. Ive kept from posting pics of it because its also been a project but it's almost ready.

The boat is going in on Monday for a new look. Getting her back on Friday.

I just visited a builder on the Island yesterday and he was finishing up a 30’ build. They had painted the cab white and had wrapped the hull a dark gray right to the bottom paint. I wouldn’t have known it was a wrap and it looked great. He said it was the first one they had done so time will tell I guess. He is getting me a quote to just wrap the cab of the boat I ordered instead of paint so I’ll see what it is. He seemed to think it is about 1/4 of the cost though. I will let you know.

It’s about $1300 for me to to the top of my 17’ down to the water line. That includes new d.E. badges, my name logos and the registration number. It’ll be worth it.

Epic in Campbell River wrapped mine early June. I'm really happy with how it looks. Time will tell how it holds up but so far so good. They did a great job and I would recommend them. Here are a bunch of photos so you can see how the seams come together. This is 33 x 11 hull sides from the cap rail down to the bottom paint, the transom, and the dodger. There is additional 3m clear self-healing over the areas where the fenders would rub and where the halibut anchor system would be retrieved at the cockpit side.

Eaglecraft 33 Wrap - 1.jpg Eaglecraft 33 Wrap - 2.jpg Eaglecraft 33 Wrap - 3.jpg Eaglecraft 33 Wrap - 4.jpg Eaglecraft 33 Wrap - 5.jpg Eaglecraft 33 Wrap - 6.jpg Eaglecraft 33 Wrap - 7.jpg Eaglecraft 33 Wrap - 8.jpg Eaglecraft 33 Wrap - 9.jpg

That boat is no joke. Now I’m embarrassed to even post mine. Do you tow it with a tank?

Reactions: BCI
Ah make sure you post yours up! All boats are good boats! The DE and Hourstons some of the best in our waters. They say the best boat is the one you use the most. And I suspect your boat can sneak a lot closer into the kelp beds than I can.

She displaces 17,000 pounds +/- full of fuel so when it needs to be moved she goes on her own bottom, or a professional boat moving company tows her. Mostly she goes on her own bottom.

Now keep us posted with the photos of your wrap. It feels like it's gaining momentum over paint down south and now up here.

It’s about $1300 for me to to the top of my 17’ down to the water line. That includes new d.E. badges, my name logos and the registration number. It’ll be worth it.
Who are you getting to do the job if you don't mind me asking,Stizzla.Is it local here on the south island?

Who are you getting to do the job if you don't mind me asking,Stizzla.Is it local here on the south island?
Yes it’s in Victoria. Graphic FX. I’m good friends with the family that owns and operates it.

You're going to want to do a rebuild and put the keel on the bottom. Looks really good. Did you have any dings or patches before, and if so did they show through the wrap? I have lots of prep to do whether I paint , gelcoat or wrap.
think I'll just fish for a while longer.

Back