2018 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

What a beast of a LING!!! Wow

but on the same trip we did get a nice 50 lb lingcod we thought we had the big one for the derby smile. what did work best for me outside was the smallest spoon you can find in my box glow white with a purple line on it with a purple haze flasher on the bottom

[/QUOTE]

hello fishers
Was in Nootka the past 10 days,great fishing off shore in the horseshoe ot out by the red can in 125-145 ft water. Fishing 91-111 on the riggers. In the horseshoe in 75-90 ft and 71-81 on the riggers. Smallest possible soon was rockin in purple blue or any needle fish patterns. The bait in their stomachs was unbelievably small like 3/4 of an inch. I've never seen it so small. Walestale and offshore Esperanza was really good as well fishing 180-240 on the riggers got up there Sunday long run but steady fishing. We had super ruff seas most days so be careful out there !!

TightLines
Billydoo

Some $hitty conditions the last few days. Some fish up Rugged way and way offshore if you can get there. The kicker on that is the commies have got an opening...
Ferrer is barren at present as is most close/inshore Esperanza area.

Heading over to Tahsis this Thursday with my sons and Erik's from the Forum. We are each bringing our own boat. Going to run out to fish Nootka on Thursday. Then running out to Rodgers Fishing Lodge on Friday for 3 nights. Hopefully we get lucky with the weather and get some decent seas for fishing offshore.

Really looking forward to it! Will definitely post a report!

14 more days and I'll have an update for ya. Lol
Haha, I’ll be there this weekend. Last year this time the Hali’s were far out, at the Onion, and none at The Pins. Was just wondering if it’ll be the same gig this year

Haha, I’ll be there this weekend. Last year this time the Hali’s were far out, at the Onion, and none at The Pins. Was just wondering if it’ll be the same gig this year

Looking forward to your reports. How long you there for? Going to be my first time.

Back