Telescoping Outrigger Poles

BearCove

Crew Member
Looking for a set of these, either used if someone has some kicking around or where to buy a new set.

Would prefer to buy local, in BC if possible.

Cheers

thought you had a set for sale .....lol

try jason at bon choy think they had a set but maybe fixed ....

or try the hull truth forum ......
after them tuna eh ......

I have a black set of outriggers but no easy way to replace the mounts, did you need mounts too?
I will be in Rupert next week and back again in August

How big is the base of the poles? I’ve got a set of outriggers on my 17.5 footer. Had to make some mounts but they turned out slick. I’ll post up some pics when I get home from work

While not a tuna fishing boat I do use my outriggers a few time a year on a local lake. So here’s those pics. Basic tube with a pivot on the bottom. Line that the clips are attached to runs through the ring so the whole thing doesn’t fall off on the waves. And a leg that swings out to keep it at the correct angle. My outrigger poles are 15’ long and 1 1/8” at the base so 1 1/4” tube is perfect. Easy as pie. 50D56A6D-B4DF-4E3F-8A8C-23C219283AC6.jpeg D47544F1-AB65-4126-A7FB-84A0DC859CC0.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks guys,

Yes I’m looking for bases as well as poles, for tuna.

Trying to it small and as compact as I can.

Cheers

any one tried the big lakes trick with larger planer boards and planer broad reels ?????

Had some and a big jon planerboard mast. Worked great but take up a bit of room in a small boat when not in use. Poles go in the mounts when I hit the water and no storage issues. Not nearly the spread with my poles that I would get with my planerboards but that’s the trade off.

I use my poles on the lake early in spring when I have 4 people in my boat.
Pretty effective for dragging surface flys and bucktails close to shore

I’ve got some taco ones if your interested. Have mounts as well, there on my boat but could be removed if you wanted them. Pm me if interested.

Back