1973 23 foot hourston

goddan

Hi, its been a while but completely finished the rebuild of my dads free boat (free yah right). We gutted it down to the bare hull, removed the hardtop, new arch and canvas top (6 foot 5inch now in the cabin , no head banging) replaced the stringers, new floor, new volvo penta engine and duoprop, new fuel tank ,all new wiring and electronics, new seats and table , new cushions and hull liner in the cuddy.It sits on 2006 ez loader trailer It was a long fun project, i love my new old boat.

Attachments

• old boat1.jpg
    old boat1.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 244
  • old boat.jpg
    old boat.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 234
  • boat.jpeg
    boat.jpeg
    278.1 KB · Views: 248
  • interior.jpeg
    interior.jpeg
    211.4 KB · Views: 235
  • interior1.jpeg
    interior1.jpeg
    221.6 KB · Views: 240
  • engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 234
  • new boat cuddy.jpg
    new boat cuddy.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 228
  • Resized_20180625_165331outdrive.jpg
    Resized_20180625_165331outdrive.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 241
Hi, its been a while but completely finished the rebuild of my dads free boat (free yah right). We gutted it down to the bare hull, removed the hardtop, new arch and canvas top (6 foot 5inch now in the cabin , no head banging) replaced the stringers, new floor, new volvo penta engine and duoprop, new fuel tank ,all new wiring and electronics, new seats and table , new cushions and hull liner in the cuddy.It sits on 2006 ez loader trailer It was a long fun project, i love my new old boat.

Looks awesome!

Who did the paint?

Beautiful job!! I admire the skills of people who can do this.
Enjoy your new boat, it’s a beauty

Thunder 21, yes you did see it in Alberni, going back in the water this weekend.
ExFlyGuy, Urgels autobody in Alberni painted it for me,very happy with them.

Thanks fellas for the compliments. I got a lot of good ideas from this forum especially from Albernifishers rebuild

One of the best before and afters I’ve seen!
I’m sure it will give you an infinite amount of enjoyment ahead, and the memories of the rebuild are some that you will never forget. I bet you just stare at it outside quite often.
Congrats!

Nice work! Nothing connects you to your rig like a major rebuild like this. By the end of it you've been inside every nook and cranny... literally. You can be confident you know all about your boast and that it's truly prepared to be on the water.

Did you change trailer or just completely reconfigure it? Boat looks like it's way further forward of the axles than before.

sly-karma, thanks for the compliment and you are so right about every nook and cranny and the confidence in the boat, also I replaced the old trailer with a newer one.

Well done gentlemen,, looks nice and clean and open, a real fishing machine, I love it.

Back