Fish Farms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya - doesn't make sense to me neither that DFO and CFIA hide important info so nobody can track impacts.

If one wants to investigate disease transfer impacts to wild stocks and study the epidemiology of disease vectors - it is impossible - since DFO and CFIA won't release geographic locations of outbreaks on FFs. That should be pretty simple to understand, IMHO.

The ENGO's will be forced to fight with first nations over this and the government can just walk away. pretty slick move don't you guys think?

Very slick and the first nations do not have to back their views with science either way. Very clever.
This is going to bite activists in the a$$ and its going to leave a mark!

Great Work GLG. Great examples ...... If thats not getting official attention ...... WT Hell Will?

This is the kind oc stuff that sbould be headline news...... And
Our GOVERNMENT knows about it.

SEA SIDE FISH FARMS ARE.........KILLING ALL THINGS WILD

I wonder whose side Almo will take?:)

Interesting question. She has done nothing but flaunt first nations stance on salmon farms.

Great Work GLG. Great examples ...... If thats not getting official attention ...... WT Hell Will?

This is the kind oc stuff that sbould be headline news...... And
Our GOVERNMENT knows about it.

SEA SIDE FISH FARMS ARE.........KILLING ALL THINGS WILD

At least the agent doesn't YELL! Thanks agent I appreciate that.
Killing all things wild? Well the farms seem to be missing the sea lions, the seals, the king fishers, the herons and the racoon and what ever else that is wild and thriving, thriving on WILD salmon.

Are you suggesting that the sea lice problem at Cermaq is some kind of conspiracy from an ENGO? If so then you can easily find the information on the company's website to verify the claim. It's here in this link... spoiler alert ... yes its a problem and it's way above the allowed 3 per fish. The question is why are they allowed to be out of control right when the wild salmon smolts are migrating?
https://www.cermaq.com/wps/wcm/connect/cermaq-ca/cermaq-canada/our-company/locations/saranac-2017
Back to my question,

In the article posted it says.....According to photographs from independent biologist Alexandra Morton, young wild salmon near the fish farms were infected with 10 to 20 lice.

So were is the sampling data to back up this 10-20. I ask for the numbers because they can't lie. It seems you people can answer questions not on topic....... Lol, you seem to think I'm looking for the fish farms numbers. I posted those last year on the Broughton and you ignored them. Now your standing behind them...... Flip

Last edited:
how many pieces sampled? 5000 or 5?
how many of those sampled were infected? 5000 or 5?
what is the loading avg? 2.6 or 30 like you claim?
what were the ocean conditions during this event?

GLG I would like to see the sampling numbers on how many wild smolts were infected by the outbreak. I couldn't give two ***** how much infection there is or was on the farm. How much on wild stocks? Smolts have been shown to swim 8/km a day through zones. Did most of the outgoing production simply swim past the danger? And are they dip netting the .05% of the weak smolts?
Perhaps you should be asking that question to the ff industry after all they are responsible to prove that they are not harming the wild smolts. They have known that they have a major problem since last March and have had plenty of time to sample the area for this years out migration of wild smolts. You would think they would be happy to prove that they do no harm or they could simply hide the fact that sealice are pouring out of their sites and infecting the wild smolts and hope that fellas like you provide cover on social media.

Perhaps you should be asking that question to the ff industry after all they are responsible to prove that they are not harming the wild smolts. They have known that they have a major problem since last March and have had plenty of time to sample the area for this years out migration of wild smolts. You would think they would be happy to prove that they do no harm or they could simply hide the fact that sealice are pouring out of their sites and infecting the wild smolts and hope that fellas like you provide cover on social media.
Again.... People are saying they are loading wild smolts, how many sampled? How many infected? What was the avg per smolt? etc, etc does this information exist? Or is this just finger pointing?

I dont need the fish farm numbers.... Those fish are not able to freely swim away. Can somebody back up the accusations you are making? 10-20 smolts on wilds? Nothing else?

Again.... People are saying they are loading wild smolts, how many sampled? How many infected? What was the avg per smolt? etc, etc does this information exist? Or is this just finger pointing?

I dont need the fish farm numbers.... Those fish are not able to freely swim away. Can somebody back up the accusations you are making? 10-20 smolts on wilds? Nothing else?
count them yourself..........
salmon_3.jpg

Is that the famous pink salmon photos from almo and then the run the following years had some of its biggest return ever.

Perhaps I should go plaster all the picks of sports fishermen on this site holding up dead chinook on the SRKW news article on CBC.

Come on GLG you know that thoes pictures are. Just fear Mongering by the same ENGOs that are attacking sportfishermen
Looks like chum smolts to me. I don't think pinks have parr marks in freshwater or as smolts. As adults the have spots. https://www.fws.gov/alaska/cybersalmon/pink.htm#section5

Reactions: GLG
Is that the famous pink salmon photos from almo and then the run the following years had some of its biggest return ever.

Perhaps I should go plaster all the picks of sports fishermen on this site holding up dead chinook on the SRKW news article on CBC.

Come on GLG you know that thoes pictures are. Just fear Mongering by the same ENGOs that are attacking sportfishermen

I got the photo from this news site.... may I suggest you take up a new hobby as you are being ridiculous.

‘Dead fish swimming’: Lice from fish farms infecting wild baby salmon in B.C.
https://www.thestar.com/vancouver/2...h-farms-infecting-wild-baby-salmon-in-bc.html

I agree; that or they are very skinny sockeye. Why are these photos never identified by the photographer?

https://thetyee.ca/Analysis/2018/05/17/Sea-Lice-Overwhelms-Fish-Farms-Clayoquot-Sound/

Sea lice attached to a juvenile chum in Clayoquot Sound. Photo courtesy Alexandra Morton.

http://aptnnews.ca/2018/05/26/b-c-fish-farms-treating-sea-lice-outbreak-with-hydrogen-peroxide/

(Sea lice attached to a juvenile salmon in Clayoquot Sound. Photo courtesy Alexandra Morton, May 2018)

https://thetyee.ca/Analysis/2018/05/17/Sea-Lice-Overwhelms-Fish-Farms-Clayoquot-Sound/

Sea lice attached to a juvenile chum in Clayoquot Sound. Photo courtesy Alexandra Morton.

now were up to 34 per........ were's the sampling data to back this up? 10-20 , now its 34.... something is fishy here. this is why i ask for the numbers. they dont lie, same person has made different claims.

"By law the company must keep sea lice levels to an average of three motile lice per adult fish, but sea lice levels on Cermaq farms have reached 10 times that level or up to 34 sea lice per fish."

Interesting question. She has done nothing but flaunt first nations stance on salmon farms.

At least the agent doesn't YELL! Thanks agent I appreciate that.
Killing all things wild? Well the farms seem to be missing the sea lions, the seals, the king fishers, the herons and the racoon and what ever else that is wild and thriving, thriving on WILD salmon.

Take a swim under one. Matter fact take a camera.
Post on here.
Does it look any thing remotely close to natural environment. NOT.
Matter of fact... Why is it so many prawn and crab fishers have packed up and move elsewhere?

Sea side Net Pens are destroying all things natural. In around and below all these farms period.

Looking forward to your pics Birdy.

GLG do you actually know or have any information on how many smolts have died? (you say they die when on migration routes) or do you just see lice and so therefore there's lice everywhere. so fish must be dying at and exponential rate?.
is there any data collected by the occupied areas? (or are they just sitting around). is there any lice maps available to see were the lice counts along migration routes are at numbers wise? has there been or is there any science being done on counts outside the infected farms? any citizens on science projects showing seal lice on wild smolts? has there been any downstream studies in the wake of sea lice?

could you post there numbers? sure would help to see what your selling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back