Squid fishing?

Night time, Dock, Light, Glow squid jigs, They are in most of the protected waters over here on the Washington side this time of year.

I caught a bunch while up at Hippa Island this year. They were in the sheltered inlets & gathered in high concentrations for spawning. One of the guides lent me his squid jig. It seems big for the size of squid but it worked. I found they liked to go after it on the drop. For me it was a visual type of fishing so I knew when to set it. Definitely couldn't feel them. I also got good at snagging a few also. I caught them in the day & at night. After spending an 30 min & catch 4-5 of them one of my fishing buddys came over with a salmon net & just scoped up a **** load...... After that I just used the net. Some tides brought BIG waves of them in.

Last night there was a couple of intoxicated gents who caught them with their hands under the dock lights. The put them into their drinks and called them "Squid & Tonic"... one of them inked but he drank it..

Attachments

• 20180613_214022_resized_1.jpg
    20180613_214022_resized_1.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 144
  • 20180613_214025_resized.jpg
    20180613_214025_resized.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 137
  • AAAA.jpg
    AAAA.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 138
Herring rigs also work good for squid. I recently saw a squid jig at Harbour Chandler that had multiple jig attachments. Going to invest in one of those. I've found that quite a few of the government wharves have squid around them at night at this time of year. Just light up a patch of water and that seems to attract them in numbers.

What paguy said, big flood lights are important. The hardcore folks run generators with big flood light setups to draw in the squid.

Back