LEH Results Are Out

I find it strange when the same family gets so many individual draws in one year. A family of 3 I know got 3 individual draws for 3 different species and another couple I know got 4 individual draws for 4 different species between two of them. I'm happy for them but I wonder if it's potentially a waste of a few draws because most people can't / won't go on a moose, sheep, goat and bison hunt in one season .

Same as above, hey Nog can you shed some light on why BC won't go to a points system

Because the bureaucrats that run the show like it as a lottery.
And BC stands for Backwards Country...

Were it to change, the draw would have to go to a system similar to that employed in numerous Western States. That being a combination of both a Priority Point system, and a Lottery System.
Simple reason for this - some of the draws are so over-subscribed now, that you could not physically collect enough priority points to draw within your lifetime (think Kamloops Sheep / the heavier subscribed Island Elk here). Those hunts would necessarily have to remain on Lottery, however to improve odds, they could either be made into "once in a lifetime" hunts, or successful applicants may not apply again for a set number of years.

For the balance of the hunts, the priority point system makes perfect sense. Most folks would realize their objective hunts within a reasonable amount of time, and pretty much know which years they would draw.

This system is employed with great success in many jurisdictions south of the Medicine Line.
BC is so damned backwards in their approach to so-called wildlife / wildland management though, I sincerely doubt I will live to see the day they work towards an improved draw system here.

Sadly,
Nog

Sorry Nog you said BC and wildlife management in the same sentence, that cant be unless its the manage to zero. Again the Christie slammers are silent??? All draws with success rates of less than 1;??? should be once in a lifetime. Priority system also has its issues but at least the "rumors" chances of repeat draws for people would cease. As our Premier said, to hell with science and proper wildlife management, he's using the world proven based "manage by emotion" system/crap. We are doomed, what little is left will be managed solely by FN and we all see how that works. The dark continent is pulling me back stronger.

HM

I always put my number in with a group and this year we got a group draw. With the rig sold I will actually make it on this trip. So stoked!:). I have only been over to the mainland once on a group draw. Loved every minute of the trip. We didn't get any moose but the grouse hunting was off the wall! The terrain and challenge is different and I enjoy all that. Looking forward to it big time.

I got blanked again. Partner got blanked. Good thing we a great GOS. The direction of B.C's Wildlife management is very disappointing to say the least. I'm not sure how we can right the ship at this point, but we all need to make an effort to let our governments know that we are not happy. Hunters and fishermen the country wide, need to be making their voices heard.

Back