Status
Not open for further replies.
5 undersized at thrasher today and 1 under at cowan. Anchovies working best. Crab trap empty'd too. First skunk in a while. The creel guy said only 3 springs came in so far as of 5pm. I think from thrasher.

Commercial crab guys opened up on the 15th

5 undersized at thrasher today and 1 under at cowan. Anchovies working best. Crab trap empty'd too. First skunk in a while. The creel guy said only 3 springs came in so far as of 5pm. I think from thrasher.

They were around. We had 4 to the boat. Had a first timer from the other side of the pond making a mess of his chances. Glad I took first hit.

Quiet 2hr soak off RC last night around the low slack that produced a just under at 57' on a 4" spoon. Heard the whales were through there yesterday.

HITW 6-8 tonight. Hugh swells to start. 2 hits at 90. First one didn't see but heard the reel screaming. What a run. By the time I pulled up the rod he was gone second hit stole my favorite lure. I moor at sunset marina and try to get out 2-3 evenings a week. Can tell things have picked up. Getting hits on most trips out now. Fish are also showing steady at 50-60. Could be the herring are starting to move in.

HITW 6-8 tonight. Hugh swells to start. 2 hits at 90. First one didn't see but heard the reel screaming. What a run. By the time I pulled up the rod he was gone second hit stole my favorite lure. I moor at sunset marina and try to get out 2-3 evenings a week. Can tell things have picked up. Getting hits on most trips out now. Fish are also showing steady at 50-60. Could be the herring are starting to move in.

I'll bite. What's your favourite lure?

Finally got out again today. HITW at noon, two passes ...nothing. Ran to Cowen and trolled for another hour. Got a few unders at 57-90 feet with hootchies and spoons. Picked up and tried to find some coho from PA to the flats and back...nothing.
I guess negative reports are still valuable

Fishing west van. shore. Quite so far. Tides are ripping.

Update: - moved on to Bowen area. 1 Chinook, 1 coho in the box. Hootchies.

Update: - Finished up at noon with 2 red Chinook, 1 hatch coho, and limits on crab. Not a bad morning.

Last edited:
Another fishless outing. Cowan and 1/2 way to RC then over to WV for 1hr after tide change. Hootchies, spoons and anchovy. Clearly there are fish there but as usual very difficult to get them biting. I am starting to get a major stink onboard again.. Going away for a week and try to get a bear. Maybe a change of scenery.

Ran across to thrasher today, left reed point before 6, pretty bumpy going across. Two hatchery coho in the box, up high on the riggers. Released a number of wild coho and small springs. Saw a couple nice ones caught, had a couple monster hits on a Chovy but couldn't get them to stick. Run back at 2 was flat calm. Fished the bell for a bit, must have had 6 or 7 small springs to the boat and released. Closed out at west van for an hour. More fish on the sounder there than anywhere else today but not a sniff. Beautiful day out there today and really great to see some wild coho around.

Tight lines

Anyone heading out locally today? Looks lumpy this morning but we're going to give it a shot...best to all, if nothing else we'll get the boat washed :)

Has anyone posted the gps coordinates for the outside line of the Banana? I'd love to mark it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back