New to me boat the wait is over

Mike park

Put a deposit down at christmas and now 5 1/2 months later it's finally home.

So now the setup starts , electronics, down riggers, kicker , trailer brake upgrade hoping the 2359 will be a good way to spend some time on the coast again..
Might have to find a fiberglass shop to do some work to modify a swim platform to accommodate a kicker any suggestions on a good shop..
Thanks Mike

Attachments

• file2 (2).jpeg
    file2 (2).jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 227
Nice boat!

I’ve always had a soft spot for the 2359. Why not mount the kicker onto the swim grid with a aluminum bracket?

upload_2018-6-18_22-13-24.jpeg
images
images

I had one mounted on a swim grid that was exactly the same as the middle picture above. Worked great. The grid was hollow inside so used a few hockey pucks stacked to strengthen.

Whereabouts are you Mike
We are 40 Km East of Sparwood BC
The boat is a USED 2008 2359 5.0 M.P.I. F.W.C. 260 horse Mecruiser with a Bravo 3 duo prop leg, it had 118 hrs on the boat/ motor so its in nice shape .
To be honest I was originally a little worried about the room on the back deck , with the inboard as I had never been on a 2359 in person or owned an inboard.

But after seeing the boat it will be fine, a lot more room in the Vee berth than expected so overnights will be no problem. Visibility from the cabin is great, the windows slide open so no issues being in a green house, getting out of the Sun and Rain will be a treat after 30 years in an open boat. Its a huge change from what Im used to so a big learning curve is coming, after having a mooching style boat setup .
We drove across Canada to pick it up the lake in the back ground is lake Superior.
So I'm trying to plan what to do, I went with a Yamaha T9.9 high thrust 25 " leg, tiller to keep the weight down, the 11" prop. and 2.92 ratio VS. the 15 HP. gearing ,prop. size and weight was my reasoning for that rather than going to the 15 that others had mentioned .

The brackets pictures look good thanks, I can always cut the full platform down later if it becomes a pain.
It's tough to get any boat help in the ROCKY Mountains so thanks guy's keep it coming .
I plan on pulling the leg apart and starting out with new bellows,seals, etc. replacing some hoses and looking at the 10 year old stuff even though it s only got 118 hrs

View attachment 38489 I had a aluminum one made up, make sure you mount on the port side, a 165 qrt cooler fits beside it
Thanks murph sure like your setup great photo..
I have been learning a lot about the 2359, forums like this are a great resource thanks to all for the replies.
Looks like we have the same trailer I ended up getting a new 2015 Yamaha T9.9 25 inch with a 5 year warranty, I couldnt pass it up.
almost got the merc
I have to fix a port side fish box pump have you had to do one, Ill pull it out soon and see if I can free it up

Mike I am going to have a intelli steer type r for sale if your interested in s way to steer the kicker

Mike I am going to have a intelli steer type r for sale if your interested in s way to steer the kicker
Thanks murph but I am still leaning towards the TR1 at this point . Kicker mount , trailer brakes, loading guides first, maintenance stuff to catch up on , mount my Garmin 7408 plotter hopefully we get it done before last week of July beginning of August

Attachments

• file - Copy (3).jpeg
    file - Copy (3).jpeg
    315.7 KB · Views: 56
  • file3 - Copy.jpeg
    file3 - Copy.jpeg
    251.5 KB · Views: 53
decided to make a stainless kicker mount bracket . got stainless tube loading guides done as well
Thanks murph but I am still leaning towards the TR1 at this point . Kicker mount , trailer brakes, loading guides first, maintenance stuff to catch up on , mount my Garmin 7408 plotter hopefully we get it done before last week of July beginning of August

Running short on time to make the end of July , engine was out last week replaced some hoses,plugs, fuel module was apart new filters , sea water impeller and lines, oil change, drive was out and resealed new bellows so I'm good for a few years 118 Hrs on the boat 10 year old stuff is gone we went through everything.

Attachments

• file2-3 - Copy.jpeg
    file2-3 - Copy.jpeg
    389.7 KB · Views: 60
  • file2-5.jpeg
    file2-5.jpeg
    291.7 KB · Views: 60
Back