2018 Gulf Island Reports

The facebook page for the derby just yesterday posted the 'rules and waiver' form here (scroll down a bit) - https://www.facebook.com/galianosalmonclassic/ so if you're not able to make it to Montague Harbour on Friday evening for check in and to pick up the rules/waiver you can print it off now, sign it, and email it to Ryan at ryan@salishseacharters.com. All registered anglers should fill out the form and send it to Ryan or drop it off on Friday night at the marina. You can also take a pic of the signed waiver and text it to Ryan at 604.518.8946

Who can I contact to get a copy of the waiver, there will be 4 of us signing up do all 4 of us need to sign and send in the waiver? I'll just buy the tickets online. Also is there restrictions on the fishing grounds? Or do I just gotta make it back to montague by 5? Thanks

Here, just downloaded the rules and waiver from the facebook page and uploaded it here. The fishing boundaries are basically anywhere in/around the gulf islands (5nm from all southern gulf islands) so no fishing off Victoria or Vancouver allowed!

Attachments

• 2018GalianoSalmonClassicOfficialRules -FINAL.jpg
    2018GalianoSalmonClassicOfficialRules -FINAL.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 76
Here, just downloaded the rules and waiver from the facebook page and uploaded it here. The fishing boundaries are basically anywhere in/around the gulf islands (5nm from all southern gulf islands) so no fishing off Victoria or Vancouver allowed!

Cheers!

quick fishing report from galiano. Very hit and miss this past weekend. Fished porlier, salamanca and some inside waters when the wind picked up on the outside. Long stretches without bites for us but we did run into a few hot bites over the course of the weekend and got fish up to 15lbs. I didn't find any consistent depth/bait that worked and we ended up finding a few fish at a variety of depths. One hot bite off porlier with bait around 140' and another off Salamanca with spoons at 90'.

Good times at the derby this year as the weather was pretty solid and most boats (once again) ended up with fish which was great to see. Montague marina keeps getting better with all the new work they are doing so it's a pretty awesome setting for the event.

Fished Porlier on Sunday morning. A couple of undersized, and lost a mid teener right at the boat just as I was reaching for the net. Perils of fishing solo.

90' on a green/white skinny G.

I will be over on the south end of Valdez the next couple of weekends. I had a nice day in April in the straight off porlier in some deeper water (first time out there). Do you fish closer into the structure this time of year?

We did well at Porlier on Sunday and we were a bit offshore. 250-300 feet of water. Pretty steady action at 120ft with outfitter spoon.

We went to Porlier last night, fished 6 -8:30. Marked lots and lots of fish but I think they were all small coho and jack springs because we released about 8 of them. Current was pretty wicked yesterday too with these big tide swings.

We went to Porlier last night, fished 6 -8:30. Marked lots and lots of fish but I think they were all small coho and jack springs because we released about 8 of them. Current was pretty wicked yesterday too with these big tide swings.
I was out mid day for a couple of hours on Sat and experienced the same. Some of those jacks were feisty ones! Two were aggressive pin poppers and I thought the party was on for a while. All in the 115-130 range.

Back