More prototype Casting lures

treblig

My testing of prototype angling gear has resulted in fine tuning many rods , lures and reels. This fall I will receive prototype casting lures that originally were only for trolling. The trolling lures are extreme successful and durable. Two years ago I tested one prototype casting lure with 3/8ounce weight for beach fishing for salmon on our East coast Vancouver Island beaches. The first day we landed 5 Coho salmon and we knew we were on the right track. This year will be fined tuned samples that was recomended with assortment of different colours.. stay tuned

Attachments

• P3060133.jpg
    P3060133.jpg
    488.4 KB · Views: 149
Tackle ****

Were you casting and retrieving the originals set up like a Carolina rig? Something like the photo below? I've always thought to do this but didn't want to look silly.

upload_2018-6-13_9-4-25.png

Were you casting and retrieving the originals set up like a Carolina rig? Something like the photo below? I've always thought to do this but didn't want to look silly.

View attachment 38328
No extra weights. We were throwing the first prototype on its own. We use ultra lite gear . So our main line is 8 pounds with 3 feet of 12 pound fluorocarbon as a leader. The rods are 12 feet and can flex and absorb a lot of power from the salmon . The 5 coho that day averaged the sample photo.

Attachments

• PA020268.jpg
    PA020268.jpg
    602.4 KB · Views: 60
Back