Places to stay

Trophy1977

Hey everybody,

I'm looking for a place to moor my boat and stay for 10 days on Vancouver Island. I'd prefer barkley sound or the port hardy areas. I've been to seabeam (limited docks) and poett nook (can't guarantee 110v for a freezer). If like a campground with docks with accessiblity to showers and power, but will be sleeping on the boat.

Thanks in advance

Island West in Ucluelet has all that you ask. I have not stayed on the dock for a few years but have always found the shower facility to be far above average. Fish ice can be purchased at the processor 1/4 mile down the inlet, & good places to eat. Pioneer Boat works has great fishing supplies with good "local" lures at reasonable prices.

Hi Trophy,

The government wharf in Winter Harbour has power, $5 per day for 15amp, $.75 per foot for moorage, laundry and showers are available though The Outpost. Harbour has flaked ice, fuel, general store with liquor, and a food trailer if you don’t want to cook on your boat.

I would drop the boat in Coal Harbour or Port Alice and run up the inlet (about an hour to the harbour), road is rough at the moment from Hardy to the end of Nahwiti, new crush from there to Holberg, good road from there to the harbour.

Good luck in your search.

Regards

Fishyboy

the gov dock in grappler (bamfield), showers and bathrooms are a 2 min walk.

Back