Flasher too damaged to fish in line?

el.Pereh

I’ve never lost a fish due to flasher Damage but don’t care to. Should these be relegated to dummy’s?

Attachments

• 232B7B02-7AEF-4C8D-8918-736A94AB1874.png
    232B7B02-7AEF-4C8D-8918-736A94AB1874.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 316
  • 73ECA02A-0FC7-46C8-9C53-6E8E4C85DDAD.png
    73ECA02A-0FC7-46C8-9C53-6E8E4C85DDAD.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 285
  • 391822EF-EF96-487F-ADD8-51B6D724F949.jpeg
    391822EF-EF96-487F-ADD8-51B6D724F949.jpeg
    218 KB · Views: 277
Those flashers are beyond their "best before" date. Retire them to your next garage sale.

As other said would not risk loosing that big one you have to release anyway but I would not try to even garage sale them, poor next guy who is maybe learning our sport, or cant afford new ones. Put them in the plastic recycle bin.

My 2c

HM

If you like the colour, you could set it up as a Farr-Better type flasher. The line goes straight to the hook, so the flasher isn't part of the connection to the fish. The flasher slides on the line once the pin pops.

You got the right idea, no big loss if you lose a dummy but hate to loose a fish due to something so preventable....

toast ....
dummy only ....

Has anyone tried the breakaway flasher? Looks interesting
I have it takes a bit of getting used to- the drop in resistance when then flasher disengages is a bit puzzling but overall the rig works as intended.

I sure like the way people have figured out how to reverse engineer the older flashers we already own- truly there is a Youtube video for everything.

I have it takes a bit of getting used to- the drop in resistance when then flasher disengages is a bit puzzling but overall the rig works as intended.

I sure like the way people have figured out how to reverse engineer the older flashers we already own- truly there is a Youtube video for everything.
What do you mean by "drop in resistance?" Is there some lag to getting a solid connection with the fish?

What do you mean by "drop in resistance?" Is there some lag to getting a solid connection with the fish?
It can feel that way- the feeling of a solid hookup has changed to 'less than solid' for a few moments when in fact you are still hooked up- the feeling can at first be alarming but you'll come to expect it-for sure no fish is lost because of it unless you put the rod back in the holder & walk away.

Back