Sentry Shoal Closure

Seriously...you boys need to be reprimanded in a thread that asks about an area closure? Time to knock it off now.

Just to derail this one slightly - as it has been many many years since i've fished this area - is the non-retention of chinook at Kitty for June an old one, or new?
I have to agree the fisheries website isn't as intuitive as it could be - if i search fisheries notices for area 14, those don't come up - its only when you go to the area 14 summary can you (easily) find the kitty/sentry closures

yes it's very old, 20 years or more old.

Finding the chinook coho ect restrictions on dfo's website is still very frustrating. Layer and layers of stuff that doesn't take you to where you think you are going. I am aware of the restrictions in my local area's but outside of that it is frustrating.

Just to derail this one slightly - as it has been many many years since i've fished this area - is the non-retention of chinook at Kitty for June an old one, or new?
I have to agree the fisheries website isn't as intuitive as it could be - if i search fisheries notices for area 14, those don't come up - its only when you go to the area 14 summary can you (easily) find the kitty/sentry closures

It used to be much easier to find within the Area 14 regs.

I thought the June Kitty to Little River closure was more for the early summer returns to the Puntledge?

It used to be much easier to find within the Area 14 regs.

I thought the June Kitty to Little River closure was more for the early summer returns to the Puntledge?

I thought that too, as that was the local talk, but fact is it's a closure for Cowichan River fish.

Back