Status
Not open for further replies.
Was out Cowan to RC and into Tunstall today. Not a sniff. Few boats out, anybody else get anything?

Off the plane from Salt Lake last night....off the dock at 6 for a few days at Thrasher . Will post up but buddies who ran across last night hot their 2 in quick order.

From 2 to 1 springs. Man that hurts. Will it keep us off the water? No. We love to fish that's why. The only result of this reduction in limits? Will be more fish in the nets for the native fishery in the Fraser that is ongoing...

We fished yesterday from 1:30 to 4:30 pm, starting from the SW point over the Hump and nothing, not a sniff. Headed in towards Bowen and and then down the 200' contour towards town, 160' on the meat. 3:30 pm and bam, hard hit that peeled off twice...big battle and a beauty to the boat. Turned back up the Strait following the same contour, nothing...then tacked back the same path and bam, even bigger and boated this one too. Not 5 minutes after that a beauty mid teens and we were done for the day. 2 females, one male, one white, two reds. All had 3" feed in the belly. Pretty sweet day for my son's 10th birthday...no one else was over our way, all boats off the Hump at least until we headed back home. We saw one being picked up off a sweet sportfish boat but that's it.

We fished yesterday from 1:30 to 4:30 pm, starting from the SW point over the Hump and nothing, not a sniff. Headed in towards Bowen and and then down the 200' contour towards town, 160' on the meat. 3:30 pm and bam, hard hit that peeled off twice...big battle and a beauty to the boat. Turned back up the Strait following the same contour, nothing...then tacked back the same path and bam, even bigger and boated this one too. Not 5 minutes after that a beauty mid teens and we were done for the day. 2 females, one male, one white, two reds. All had 3" feed in the belly. Pretty sweet day for my son's 10th birthday...no one else was over our way, all boats off the Hump at least until we headed back home. We saw one being picked up off a sweet sportfish boat but that's it.

ab1752 how was the algae?

No probs on algae, the water was sort of an odd colour but likely that was the sky. Zero algae on the down riggers or reels.

Esteemed and very wise fisherpeople,

I'm going to be heading up to the Sechelt/Secret Cove area this weekend for the first time with my better half. Any recommendations on good spots to drop the lines for salmon/ling?

Hi Salty have a look in the Secret Cove thread but in short; be aware of the bottom fish closures in that area. I haven't looked at the weather but if it is OK without a SE blowing head to Epsom Point, a short run from Secret Cove. Follow the contours west towards Texada, you'll figure it out pretty quickly. We have a small summer place in that area but won't be up there regularly until after June 28th, I have heard it has been decent in that area lately. You could head up towards Pender Harbor. The cool thing about that area is you have access to fresh live bait at Buccaneer Bay Marina and you can find contours outside the closed area towards the Strait as you exit Malispina Strait and pull up some nice lings.

Hi Salty have a look in the Secret Cove thread but in short; be aware of the bottom fish closures in that area. I haven't looked at the weather but if it is OK without a SE blowing head to Epsom Point, a short run from Secret Cove. Follow the contours west towards Texada, you'll figure it out pretty quickly. We have a small summer place in that area but won't be up there regularly until after June 28th, I have heard it has been decent in that area lately. You could head up towards Pender Harbor. The cool thing about that area is you have access to fresh live bait at Buccaneer Bay Marina and you can find contours outside the closed area towards the Strait as you exit Malispina Strait and pull up some nice lings.
Southern tip of Texas a is working too, it’s called upwood.

Worked the bell hard from 5 till way too late. Had a dirty tickle that don’t stick on a spoon at 830 up at 60’. Marked some fish lots of bait and had a great night.

Yes. Picked a spring at RC. Nice day other than sail boat race intrusion. Or is it the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back