Best day of fishing of my LIFE!!!! take a look:)

Careful there trigger.

The front line CO's and RCMP are, for the most part, eager to catch poachers like this.
They are not given the resources to do so. That lays squarely on the bean counter bureaucrats in Ottawa and Victoria.
Now those same bean counters are trying to keep the eyes and ears of the recreational fishing community off the water.

I was referring to the putting in the news part only. Was not a reflection or opinion on the job CO’s and RCMP do.

Funny how the actions of one individual can bring out so much excitement and good vibes on this board. I think everyone would agree that after the last few weeks, this is a real positive news.
I think I will have a toast to you! Thanks for giving me a reason, lol.

Great job Andrew! Hope they get the maximum penalty as you mentioned they were known to rcmp/co's. Time will tell

Well zipped out after work at 3 for a few hours and managed to scrape together 75 prawns, a 23lb ling, low teens spring and 4 nice 7" crabs but the real treat was what I caught last!

Arrived back at the dock at 830ish and noticed that a group of three were wheeling a large covered cart up the ramp so I jumped out to take a look at what the heck was going on. It was full of crabs and they were not happy to see me. I asked them about all the crab and they were bragging they had 800!!!!

At this point I changed my tone and told them they are not leaving and sort of detained them as I called the cops. With rcmp on the way (figured they would arrive wayyyy before DFO), I then called fisheries and told them the situation. They arrived a little later and were very happy as they individuals were known to them. The best part is according to the rcmp, since they had about 400 crab already loaded in there brand new 3500 ram so that is also on the table to be seized as well as the boat.

It looks to me that they basically cleaned out any traps in the bay that they came across.

This is by far the best post I have ever read on this forum. The fishing gods reward you then asked you to help. Love it.

I wouldn’t think twice about using that guy as bait in my crab trap.

Last edited:
I would think these crab were going to be back door sales to restaurants. How else would you get rid of 800 crab. There has to be some way to make it costly for business to buy them.

Well Done

Well done Andrew. Many would have come across this situation, done nothing about and then bitched about for months. You took steps to help with the sustainability of 'fishing' for the future. It is a difficult choice you made and I commend you for making the correct one.

May the fishing gods smile upon you.

This is by far the best post I have ever read on this forum. The fishing gods reward you then asked you to help. Love it.

I wouldn’t think twice about using that guy as bait in my crab trap.
X3!! Way to go Andrew. Your like some kind of superhero or something!

Great catch Sir. Picture perfect. If these parasites don't get the book thrown at them, we know where we stand.

Fu@ki&g A bud.......I'm pretty impressed. Just got home and thought I would have a look on the forum while I have a beer and this thread made my night.....I always call assholes out but they always fade when someone calls them on their ****.....that post is just awesome.

Andrew, do you want to be our first official sportfishing vigilante enforcement officer? Full time? I'll chip in $100 each year if you also come to Victoria/Sooke occasionally!?

Back