Best day of fishing of my LIFE!!!! take a look:)

I think every sportsman out there owes you a debt of gratitude my man. Well done. And thank you for stepping up and doing your civic duty to speak up about others breaking the law.

This really should be a lesson to everyone to stand up and take charge of a situation when you feel a wrong is being committed.

Sweet Jesus! That is awesome. Congrats on your huge catch! Hopefully they will get the book throwing at them.

How can I get this on the news? Anyone have any connections?
Get in touch with Chek News, CTV news. Times Colonist. This is a gold mine for them. Particularly with all the closures. This should be gold to the news outlets and media.

Balsy move, "detaining" those guys. The one pic of the guy pointing at you looks more than a little bit threatening.
With any luck, their nice truck & the boat will be up for auction soon!
The whole "screw the rules, I'm gonna TAKE whatever I want" culture pisses me off. I guess fair play is only for suckers, these days.
We have had two local boats seized in our area, recently. One crab poacher & another guy (last spring) with 30 rockfish on board.
It makes me sad that most of the worst offenders seem to be of Asian decent. They taint their entire community with their actions.
At least, once in a while DFO seems to remember they have some teeth.
Congrats on getting these jerks nabbed

This is a story the media needs to hear.
Responsible recreational fisherman busts large scale poaching operation.

WFD, brother.

Bravo, and THANK YOU! There is a common misconception amongst those that don't fish/hunt that sportsmen/women are out to raid all of nature, but we know that when you fish/hunt you are more in tune with the realities of the ecosystem. As hunters we know it is as important to enjoy your sport as it is to caretake for it and be a steward for the ecosystem. I teach my kids that it is important to put more back into the system than you take out by way of being an advocate and donating time and money to research-based meaningful restoration and preservation projects. It takes all of us to ensure the ecosystem is healthy and thriving, and that extends to holding assclowns like this accountable. Treating nature this way is how we end up with a dead planet, and no heritage left for our children and I view it as a significant crime above and beyond simple theft poaching.

You, good sir, have earned your place in Valhalla.

Your a beauty Andrew, well done my man!!

*salute*

Well done! People with your fortitude are the ones working for conservation. You have done a favor for all sportspeople.

Great job Andrew! That takes guts.

Line those f*#%#*s up!!!

I want to see this story in the news and papers. Important message to get out. RCMP and the CO’s won’t do that part, so I suggest making a call or two!

Great job Andrew! That takes guts.

Line those f*#%#*s up!!!

I want to see this story in the news and papers. Important message to get out. RCMP and the CO’s won’t do that part, so I suggest making a call or two!

Careful there trigger.

The front line CO's and RCMP are, for the most part, eager to catch poachers like this.
They are not given the resources to do so. That lays squarely on the bean counter bureaucrats in Ottawa and Victoria.
Now those same bean counters are trying to keep the eyes and ears of the recreational fishing community off the water.

Curious - where do the crab end up in these situations?

Good question. In commercial cases that I have been involved in, they are sold and the money held by the Crown pending the court outcome, where they seek to have it forfeited to the Crown.
Usually the prosecutor will ask for the fine to be directed to some non-profit outfit that works in the crabbing/salmon?whatever the product was, field of research or remediation.

With this haul it will be different. I can only assume that there will be females and undersized in there. These are not commercially saleable.
I know that they will be weighed and photographed but will not be going into the evidence locker.

crabs were all still alive as I think they fetch a greater amount in that form.

Back