Hey everyone, does anyone know what VHF channel the whale watchers use when they are out. TIA

can anyone help me out as to where I can get some dungees and/or prawns?

Hi guys, was wondering if people have been fishing much over there yet and how the success rate has been. .. I'm sure there most be a few fish around and some flattys coming in... Won't be over there untill mid June would think so salmon should be showing up by then. .. Thanks in advance!!

Ucluelet has definitely picked up Chinook wise with some nice mid teens being caught each trip. Both guides are doing well on Salmon and Halibut fishing has been pretty consistent for quite sometime now. Every second trip it seems over sized hali is being pulled up and released, quite a few around the approximate 100 pound range with the odd one 150 plus pounds based on length. Still lots of fun for the guests to reel up take a quick pic while releasing. Overall things are shaping up nicely :)

Cheers!
UC

Today May 27th was to lumpy offshore so captain Dave headed into the sound where lots of bait is piled up and did well. Salmon fishing both offshore and in the sound is good :) Sound offering calm waters and feeder sized fish offshore the size average is a bit bigger but lots of action either way.

IMG_0469 02.jpg

Fishing continues to be pretty good here in Ukee, halibut fishing when weather cooperates has been great. Lots of oversized ones though but keepers in the mix, salmon fishing continues to be good.

Here's a link to recent catch photos I try to keep them as current as possible--> Current Catch Pics

I would post them on here but having sizing issues :(

Cheers,
UC

Just finished up two and a half days in Ukee, great weather and the fishing was great as well.
First day was spotty with a few fish caught at sail rock then the next two days both boats limited out at South Bank.
Biggest was 22lbs and the rest were all around 14 - 16lbs.
Drove the riggers down to the bottom until they hit, lifted up 6' then trolled, it was automatic. white glow hootchie did most of the damage, the odd one on anchovies.
As always a great place to fish, until next year, tight lines.

Ucluelet is rockin there's salmon everywhere, Big Bank, South Bank, right along the rocks out front and in the sound. My son and his buddies 12 & 13 year olds in a tinny with a 4hp on the edge of the harbour mouth picked up 3 nice chins and 2 coho. Some really nice fish caught today along the rocks, a 33lber was the biggest I heard today with lots of high teens and some 20's. Hali fishing is good as well. Can't believe how quiet the docks are out here because the fishing has really turned on. Hearing reports from other areas of the island pull your rig out here or book a charter and come have a blast! FYI - the squid are here if you remember the epic previous years when the squid piled up along the rocks :)

The boats coming over on Wednesday and I'll be fishing ukee this thursday. If I don't have to run out to big bank, that would be great. I usually fish ukee in August but this time I'm coming earlier. If you want to talk about empty. Last year after labour day, island west was basically desserted.

Ucluelet is rockin there's salmon everywhere, Big Bank, South Bank, right along the rocks out front and in the sound. My son and his buddies 12 & 13 year olds in a tinny with a 4hp on the edge of the harbour mouth picked up 3 nice chins and 2 coho. Some really nice fish caught today along the rocks, a 33lber was the biggest I heard today with lots of high teens and some 20's. Hali fishing is good as well. Can't believe how quiet the docks are out here because the fishing has really turned on. Hearing reports from other areas of the island pull your rig out here or book a charter and come have a blast! FYI - the squid are here if you remember the epic previous years when the squid piled up along the rocks :)

Yah I know it's nuts the fishing is great but definitely not as many boats as there were in previous years. Town is hopping with other travelers but for what ever reason people hauling their boats here has really died off. Even the fleet of charter boats aren't as busy. Drove past Island West today saw 3 boats tied up when normally it's packed. On the upside way less fishing pressure so good for us but people are missing out for sure.

Our limits are good same as last year salmon wise luckily Ucluelet is very diversified as far as a travel destination areas of the island where fishing is the only draw they have must be very worried. Out here the stocks are healthy and probably after Oak Bay closed it's doors which pumped big marketing dollars into the area and no longer does has I'm sure contributed to less exposure to the area. It's definitely a great fishing destination with the sound and the offshore banks plus for families it has so much more to offer than most fishing areas that are out in the toolies. Good restaurants lots of different types of accommodation, fish processors, were paved all the way in etc. Another thing is millennials aren't as interested in fishing as the earlier generations their more in to Tofu, sprouts and kale with a touch of granola on the side.

Our limits are good same as last year salmon wise luckily Ucluelet is very diversified as far as a travel destination areas of the island where fishing is the only draw they have must be very worried. Out here the stocks are healthy and probably after Oak Bay closed it's doors which pumped big marketing dollars into the area and no longer does has I'm sure contributed to less exposure to the area. It's definitely a great fishing destination with the sound and the offshore banks plus for families it has so much more to offer than most fishing areas that are out in the toolies. Good restaurants lots of different types of accommodation, fish processors, were paved all the way in etc. Another thing is millennials aren't as interested in fishing as the earlier generations their more in to Tofu, sprouts and kale with a touch of granola on the side.
And being ofended easally lmfao

Back