Think I found my dream boat

I was on a 28’ cat a month ago in brutal weather and i couldn’t believe how well it handled it. Non planing hull as well it sips the fuel.

Looks very nice,Seasports are very well built and expensive.I'd make sure you can find a suitable moorage spot as it's probably over width for most spots.

I owned a Seasport 2700 for 4 years and really like it. Well built and handled great. I looked at upgrading to either the Seasport 3200 cat or the 3000 Voyager. I thought the cat was pretty cool but once I got on board it’s a rather strange layout. You have to walk between the helm seats to get through to master stateroom. If someone is driving they have to step aside. The second double bed is basically a cave. I have heard they handle very well in rough water and you do have a huge back deck. This boat looks to be in great shape and well priced I think. The Volvo KAD 44’s are great motors too.
After looking at both I decided on the 3000 Voyager but while trying to find one I found a Commander 30 for sale. Once on board the Commander it was no contest. Lots of room, very wide and can sleep six. They are another well built west coast boat. I cruise at 28 knots burning about 13 gph. The ones with older 41 Series Volvo get even better fuel mileage. I would get on the 3200 and see what you think however have a look at a Commander too. It’s in the same price range.
PM if you want any more info about Seasport or Commander
Dave

I owned a Seasport 2700 for 4 years and really like it. Well built and handled great. I looked at upgrading to either the Seasport 3200 cat or the 3000 Voyager. I thought the cat was pretty cool but once I got on board it’s a rather strange layout. You have to walk between the helm seats to get through to master stateroom. If someone is driving they have to step aside. The second double bed is basically a cave. I have heard they handle very well in rough water and you do have a huge back deck. This boat looks to be in great shape and well priced I think. The Volvo KAD 44’s are great motors too.
After looking at both I decided on the 3000 Voyager but while trying to find one I found a Commander 30 for sale. Once on board the Commander it was no contest. Lots of room, very wide and can sleep six. They are another well built west coast boat. I cruise at 28 knots burning about 13 gph. The ones with older 41 Series Volvo get even better fuel mileage. I would get on the 3200 and see what you think however have a look at a Commander too. It’s in the same price range.
PM if you want any more info about Seasport or Commander
Dave

Your not kidding about the Commander 30 I'm lucky that a few of my friends have them and I do weekend trips with them. I love it cruise great catch fish and the fuel bill is nothing.

Never owned one. Be sue to get up to speed on the maint. requirements of diesels & have the engines surveyed before purchase. These engines should have all their saltwater cooled components cleaned/serviced every 2 years or so. Also check that the exhaust system is properly constructed so to not allow saltwater back into the engines. One nice thing diesels do beyond gas is give very good mileage at hull speed operations.

No such thing as the perfect boat for everybody; gotta try & make sure it's the perfect boat for you meaning that there are benefits that outweigh any shortcomings.

Imported 2 boats from US, no duties only your regular taxes. Process is super easy.

10% import duties commence July 1 in response to Trump's tariffs on Canadian exported Aluminum and Steel.

Scope of countermeasures
The products subject to countermeasures will be drawn from those listed in Tables 1 and 2 below. Goods selected from Table 1 will be subject to a 25 per cent surtax or similar trade-restrictive measures. Goods selected from Table 2 will be subject to a 10 per cent surtax or similar trade-restrictive measures.

Scroll down to table 2 (the 10% import duty table) here to find the following;

8903.10 Inflatable boats
8903.91 Sailboats, with or without auxiliary motor
8903.92 Motorboats, other than outboard motorboats
8903.99.90 Outboard motorboats, other vessels for pleasure or sports, nes

CLICK;

https://www.fin.gc.ca/activty/consult/cacsap-cmpcaa-eng.asp

I would think tariffs would only apply to new products? Not used boats I hope,anybody know?

Wow,I tried to read that,I'll have to hire a team of lawyers to interpret for me.

I think this is all you have to know...."Where used goods are sold for export to Canada and the sale meets all of the requirements set out in section 48 of the Customs Act(the Act), the price paid or payable for the goods is to be used as the basis for determining the value for duty. For more information on the transaction value method, refer to Memorandum D13-4-1, Transaction Value Method of Valuation."

Basically says that used goods are subject to duty. The rest relates to how the used goods are valued for the purposes of calculating the amount of duty payable. From July 1, assuming there are no changes to the proposed duties, used boats will be subject to the new duties.

Back