New Cannabis Use on Boat Law

I don’t find a beer on the boat a problem (not plural)
I don’t like smelling any type of burning on the water. Smoking of any kind kinda bugs me.
I’d rather smell that guy who cooks eggs n bacon well fishing. That’s a good smell.

the cannabis making someone (sea sick)/ feel better makes sense tho.. settles nausea and induces hunger. or a good nap.

It may seem to logically but medically and pharmacologically it doesn’t, as @barkerfam has indicated. Nausea from motion sickness comes from the vestibular apparatus in your inner ear. The drugs that work on this are things like Gravol, Benadryl and the Scopolamine patch. These are anticholinergic substances that work on Histamine receptors. Marijuana misses the boat on these ones... ;)

Other nauseas that are caused by the chemotaxic trigger zone in your brain such as chemotherapy or other noxious substances. This is where marijuana would have positive effect.

Like @barkerfam, I have a medical background. No sweat off my back if you don’t want to believe me on this one.

that not that i don't believe you,,,, but have you had real life experience with vomiting sea sick persons that have consumed weed and actually quickly recovered? to the point of actually eating and laughing? sounded and looked alot like relief to me.

Speaking of scopolamine I watched this doc a couple days ago, found it interesting but the whole time I was trying to think where I recognized the name from.

that not that i don't believe you,,,, but have you had real life experience with vomiting sea sick persons that have consumed weed and actually quickly recovered? to the point of actually eating and laughing? sounded and looked alot like relief to me.

That’s at best weak anecdotal evidence. I think a more logical explanation is that the act of vomiting itself causes a massive parasympathetic surge which would result in similar effects to those of Gravol and Scopolamine. In other words, once the person pukes, they’re highly likely to feel significantly better. It also helps with the sensory conflict that results in motion sickness.

Happened to witness this exact phenomenon first hand yesterday on a 70 year old gentlemen.

I’ve never taken Febtanyl or Percocet for pain. Never done crack cocaine or hash either. I can still explain how they work and have witnessed the effects first hand in all of the above many, many times.

Btw, at home I would suggest that 50% of the pot purchased on the street for recreational use is laced with Fentanyl. Something to keep in mind.

I went camping with a buddy and you can now get weed biscuits for dogs. He says it really helps his dog with the anxious and barking in the tent.

How about we outlaw designated drivers because they are clearly associating with the alcoholics in the back of the taxi. Oh. Dont forget to breathalyzer test the guys who take 5 or 10 tries to back their trailer down the boat ramp. Keep those people off the water. And arrest all those opinionated self righteous retirees sitting around bitching about the hippies and the devil weed while knocking back scotch and rye with a handfull of taxpayer subsidized, doctor approved, big pharma tested painkillers. Or we can just say: if you operate machinery while wasted, standard rules apply. If you are a passenger, live and let live, but there are risks on the water.

Stupid behaviour makes you unlucky and prone to die sooner. Unfortunately there are no IQ tests applied to government policy analysts, legislators, boat operators, or fishermen before they are allowed to do their thing.

Legislating sobriety of passengers is a waste of ink. It is not enforceable. The government is just gun shy and trying to appease any argument the self righteous conservatives might raise.

The legislation will need adjustment in a few years, just like booze laws after prohibition was ended.

New ferry names:
Hornby Green Smuggler
S.S. VW ( saltspring vape wagon)

That’s at best weak anecdotal evidence. I think a more logical explanation is that the act of vomiting itself causes a massive parasympathetic surge which would result in similar effects to those of Gravol and Scopolamine. In other words, once the person pukes, they’re highly likely to feel significantly better. It also helps with the sensory conflict that results in motion sickness.

Happened to witness this exact phenomenon first hand yesterday on a 70 year old gentlemen.

I’ve never taken Febtanyl or Percocet for pain. Never done crack cocaine or hash either. I can still explain how they work and have witnessed the effects first hand in all of the above many, many times.

Btw, at home I would suggest that 50% of the pot purchased on the street for recreational use is laced with Fentanyl. Something to keep in mind.

You are talking about “weak anecdotal evidence” then make a suggestive claim like that! LMAO!!

Just a refresher, as this conversation has morphed into a whole different space, here is the title of the thread. I think the intent was to have a discussion around pot use on board your boat, not a conversation of whether or not it is good for you. Time to get it back on track.

New Cannabis Use on Boat Law

You are talking about “weak anecdotal evidence” then make a suggestive claim like that! LMAO!!

Thanks also for making my point. People can make bold statements that aren’t grounded on anything of substance.

I stand behind the pharmacological aspects of my comments regardless of people’s opinion.

Back