2018 Nanaimo Reports

Wasn't great last Tuesday. Had to hand line a fish as we hadn't pulled the line up in a while. Best to pull up and clean / check every half hr and you should be OK. Good luck
Viking

It has been getting worse over the last week, but still nothing compared to how bad it was last year.

Wasn't great last Tuesday. Had to hand line a fish as we hadn't pulled the line up in a while. Best to pull up and clean / check every half hr and you should be OK. Good luck
Viking
When it gets real bad i keep an extra rod that i rotate thru as i cut the mainline and slide the crud off with a rag.

Don't normally fish in that area but did this weekend and the algae is a headache! But it was worth it. When you are cursing the algae you can make yourself feel better that what sticks on the line is diatoms... and diatoms are a way better base for the food chain than the alternative (flagellates mostly). On that note I'm curious... was the algae as much of an issue in the southern SoG a decade ago? When the fishing was crap? Anyone remember

I don't fish when algea blooms,rotten tides,big windy,big choppy water,bad moon tides screw-up my fishin.............I've learned many lessons..he-he

I LOVE THAT GUY'S WHITE T SHIRT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PICTURE!
Yep, Me too FT. Its a classic. He says when he wears it to games, people see it from a distance and think he's a Loafs fan, and start booing him, right up until the are close enough to read it, then they love it.

lots of boats out all day and still out there after dinner. While I was not fishing, I did see lots of activity at the cleaning stand, and carcasses on the beach for birds. Lot of happy people, 2 and 3 fish per boat.

Don't miss the big day tomorrow. Pirate Day sale May 12th starts at 0800 but I'll be in the line by 0600.

One day only annual sale!
View this email in your browser

0cd45dc3-9fa4-484b-af34-7ded4ae4f9b0.jpg

60ad54aa-2373-435a-8434-9b41bf800953.png

Please note: sale prices are only valid while stock lasts on in stock items. Sale on Saturday May 12th 2018 only.

Copyright © 2018 The Harbour Chandler, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
52 Esplanade, Nanaimo, BC, V9R4Y7
250-753-2425

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Close

B9FAEDC6-7A34-4B9A-AD8A-224C2F23A396.jpeg Well I got up when the first bird peeped at 0430 this am. Made coffee and out the door to the Pirates day sale. In the line before 0500 and was way back.

First person was in line at 1600 last night before the store closed.

I guess the door crashers will be gone when I get thru the door.

View attachment 37829 Well I got up when the first bird peeped at 0430 this am. Made coffee and out the door to the Pirates day sale. In the line before 0500 and was way back.

I guess the door crashers will be gone when I get thru the door.
Ha ha Mike, their sales are popular. We went to the Thanksgiving one 2 years ago. We arrived at 1130 pm and were #5 and 6 in line. Froze our assess off all night in line for a couple of gift certificates and one good purchase. Best part was i turned down an OT shift because we'd made plans to go. We had a lot of laughs but next time I'll go to work and stay warm and dry.

People are pathetic. I was up at 530 to check the wind for today before taking my old man out fishing. I'd rather do that than be out all night in a sketch part of Nanaimo to save $100 on a fish finder.

People are pathetic. I was up at 530 to check the wind for today before taking my old man out fishing. I'd rather do that than be out all night in a sketch part of Nanaimo to save $100 on a fish finder.
I don’t get why you would be negative on this... why do you care if people are motivated to save money on gear? Good for those people I say!
Ps. Check your math on $100. I think you forgot to carry a one

Attachments

• BB0BF913-B03C-4DCE-A5AF-5B59094F8BAC.jpeg
    BB0BF913-B03C-4DCE-A5AF-5B59094F8BAC.jpeg
    59.5 KB · Views: 69
Back