Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard a report thrasher was slowish, very torn for where to start tomorrow now...

Started off at Roger Curtis yesterday for an hour and had only one bite which turned into a just legal (kept it as it was bleeding heavily). Crossed over and hit Thrasher for four hours as it was flat calm and for a change of scenery. Picked up another keeper within the first two minutes. Had several undersize (at least two that were borderline that went back) and lost a few keepers through the rest of the day, then finished off with four in the last 10 minutes - kept two, the biggest was 14 lbs. Action picked up when we brought the lines up to around 140'.

Quite a few nets out, so seemed pretty consistent although it looks you can do well pretty much anywhere right now if you put in the time to find them.

Any weather updates? I'm hoping to cross around 430/5. Hopefully fish thrasher then tuck into the gulf islands for the night.

Was at Thrasher yesterday. Best fishing locally I've ever done. Had 15+ to boat. Kept our limits (most were in the 11-13lb range) . Ticket for us was anchovies with blue glo teaser head and a Homeland glo flasher (9 hookups with that setup). Also picked a few up on 6" spoon (no flasher) and a couple on 4" Homeland behind lemonlime flasher. Couple double headers .

Great day. QA was wild for a while, few unders and one keeper, then died so we headed to RC. Wow, triple header, then a double header, threw a keeper back as the other side was bigger. Boxed 4 good size, only one was hatchery.
So much fun, have never had a day like that.

Fished Thrasher today and it was amazing, had 12+ to the boat and lost a bunch. Fished solo and away from the pack all morning. Thx to Skins88 for the cookies and cream tip, it was the ticket for me today at 187’. I also got a couple on a green splatterback at 157’ and Skinny G’s also produced. As GWT said, one of the best local days for me too.

Left the dock at 115pm, headed to the hump; winds picked up quite a bit by the time we got lines out. Fished till 445pm with no luck. Winds turned on around 430pm; took a pounding on the way back; don’t even want to say how long it took to back to the mouth of Fraser :-/...sleeping on the boat tonight, will take advantage of the “calm” conditions forecasted for tomorrow morning and hit Thrasher. “eriks” how was the conditions out today? Where you taking a licking too? Just curious, I’ll admit im still learning what the best winds are, for what locations...today I have concluded, S/E are brutal for all locations locally; with the exception of maybe the harbour ;)...

New to fishing the straight! Looking at my maps I can’t seem to find the hump, that everyone talks about! Is this off Rodger Curtis?? Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Late start...spoons 170ft fast troll..6 legals of which 4 were hatch. All whites..biggest went 24lbs. Just south of hump.
Quite a few nets out. Thank you Chilliwack/vedder Hatchery! Also with all the undersize fish around pop them off at the boat, don’t fkn net them!!

Left the dock at 115pm, headed to the hump; winds picked up quite a bit by the time we got lines out. Fished till 445pm with no luck. Winds turned on around 430pm; took a pounding on the way back; don’t even want to say how long it took to back to the mouth of Fraser :-/...sleeping on the boat tonight, will take advantage of the “calm” conditions forecasted for tomorrow morning and hit Thrasher. “eriks” how was the conditions out today? Where you taking a licking too? Just curious, I’ll admit im still learning what the best winds are, for what locations...today I have concluded, S/E are brutal for all locations locally; with the exception of maybe the harbour ;)...
Very nasty and stressful run back from Nanaimo at 4.30pm, would have left Thrasher around 2pm but had agreed to pick up my son.
All types of crap going down on Ch16, the hovercraft was off South end of Bowen looking for someone, a yacht in trouble near Vancouver. Told my wife and son that I’m not doing that again. Shouldn’t be out in those conditions period.

Very nasty and stressful run back from Nanaimo at 4.30pm, would have left Thrasher around 2pm but had agreed to pick up my son.
All types of crap going down on Ch16, the hovercraft was off South end of Bowen looking for someone, a yacht in trouble near Vancouver. Told my wife and son that I’m not doing that again. Shouldn’t be out in those conditions period.
We crossed from Vancouver to Gabriola at 430, the trip was very nasty.
Ended up soaking the gear for only 20 minutes at Thrasher due the 3ft swells swamping us. Will give it another go on Sunday.

Anyone brave their way out to the hump? Swell updates?

If this blow lays down I’m heading that way in 2 hours.

Danke,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back