ISO- 200 hp Outboard

Wwunder

Trying to help my brother track down a 200ish outboard for his newly podded 20' DE with Alaska cabin. He's not looking to spend big bucks or for a project motor, so mid 2000's 2-stroke or 4-stroke in running condition would be sweet. Switching from a Volvo so controls and gauges would be plus.

Let me know if you have any leads!

Hi, I'm not sure what is going to happen with my project so. 2001 225 Hp Optimax XXL
I was told he swapped it out on a fishing trip when he hit a rock. Was also told a little less than 300 hours.
I have a brand new OEM lower unit for it, oil tank, controls. Was going to put it all together and test run.
Manual and lifting hook aswell
Should be worth $5000

Trying to help my brother track down a 200ish outboard for his newly podded 20' DE with Alaska cabin. He's not looking to spend big bucks or for a project motor, so mid 2000's 2-stroke or 4-stroke in running condition would be sweet. Switching from a Volvo so controls and gauges would be plus.

We just podded a 20' DE without the Alaskan cabin. We are running a 200hp Honda and fuel economy is great. Performance is good.....quick out of the hole, 30mph cruise at just under 4000 rpm and top speed around 42 mph. If we were to do it over I think a 225hp 4 stroke would be the ideal choice. I would prefer to be able to cruise at 35 mph at 3500 rpm

Last edited:

Call Port Boat House. They have a pair of 2005 225 Yamahas with all the rigging - not sure if he'll split them up but worth a call.

Hi, I'm not sure what is going to happen with my project so. 2001 225 Hp Optimax XXL
I was told he swapped it out on a fishing trip when he hit a rock. Was also told a little less than 300 hours.
I have a brand new OEM lower unit for it, oil tank, controls. Was going to put it all together and test run.
Manual and lifting hook aswell
Should be worth $5000

Thanks for the offer Bill. Pretty sure he needs an XL shaft though.

Back