Looking for Someone With a Striper 2101

One Fish

Looking for someone with a 2008ish Striper 2101 in the Parksville area. Looking to buy one and get rid of my 602 Explorer but boat I'm thinking of is over in Langley. Wouldn't mind seeing the layout first hand before going over. Pics and videos on the internet just don't do anything for me

Looking for someone with a 2008ish Striper 2101 in the Parksville area. Looking to buy one and get rid of my 602 Explorer but boat I'm thinking of is over in Langley. Wouldn't mind seeing the layout first hand before going over. Pics and videos on the internet just don't do anything for me
I have an '03 2101 and am in the Courtenay area. Same hull and interior layout, I believe. Mines an I/O with an AK hardtop.

I have an '03 2101 and am in the Courtenay area. Same hull and interior layout, I believe. Mines an I/O with an AK hardtop.
How do you like the hard top version? I'm a huge fan of hard tops although I do find that the windows fog up especially during the winter months and the reduced visibility through glass means we have to wait until it is almost day light to run whereas with our past boats that allowed you to look above the window you could usually run safely before dawn and actually be out with lines in the water for sunrise. Anyways not to derail One Fish's thread......I am interested in the Stripers as well. What do you think of the 2101? I am really curious how you find it in west coast weather. Does it handle chop reasonably well? Can you compare it critically to other brands of boats that you may have owned? We fish out of an older 20' DE and it is extremely seaworthy. I am toying with the idea of something newer as my wife sadly doesn't see the sex appeal of a 40 year old boat and I'd really like to have her come out more often. What are your thoughts on the 2101 vs the 2301? I love the layout of the 2601 but am not interested in the fuel bill that goes with that.

Thanks,
Brian

I have a year 2000, 2100cc Center Consul with a 200 Honda. I have taken this boat offshore out of Bamfield and Ucluelet many times. Very good performing hull. The CC is great for moving around the boat quickly. Even anchoring for Hali is easier since it has an easy to access anchor locker and bow roller. This is not a Grady quality boat, but probably better than a Bayliner. Average about 8 gph if you keep it under 23. Top speed is over 40.
Stosh

Attachments

• 6B7BBB0D-C8D6-4B20-B862-7242FCB908BD.jpeg
    6B7BBB0D-C8D6-4B20-B862-7242FCB908BD.jpeg
    319 KB · Views: 39
How do you like the hard top version? I'm a huge fan of hard tops although I do find that the windows fog up especially during the winter months and the reduced visibility through glass means we have to wait until it is almost day light to run whereas with our past boats that allowed you to look above the window you could usually run safely before dawn and actually be out with lines in the water for sunrise. Anyways not to derail One Fish's thread......I am interested in the Stripers as well. What do you think of the 2101? I am really curious how you find it in west coast weather. Does it handle chop reasonably well? Can you compare it critically to other brands of boats that you may have owned? We fish out of an older 20' DE and it is extremely seaworthy. I am toying with the idea of something newer as my wife sadly doesn't see the sex appeal of a 40 year old boat and I'd really like to have her come out more often. What are your thoughts on the 2101 vs the 2301? I love the layout of the 2601 but am not interested in the fuel bill that goes with that.

Thanks,
Brian

Hard top is great, particularly on wet west coast days. Only downside is that it can get warm on hot days. I haven't had issues with fogging up that a squeegee and the defroster can't handle. I don't use the boat in the winter as it's an I/O and once I have it winterized, I'm done for the season. The boat is great in heavier seas. It has a very deep hull and a 400 litre gas tank so lots of weight and stability. I moved from a 542 Campion to my Striper and there's no comparison. Two guys standing on one side of the 542 to net a fish and it felt as though the boat was going to tip over. The Striper barely moves in the same situation.

The 2301 will deliver slightly more room on the dance floor and a bit more room in the Cuddy - apart from that I can't say much as I've never ridden in one.

Back