Status
Not open for further replies.
On a side note my buddy had two sets of prawns traps ripped off of south passage island yesterday. If anyone sees orange buoys with ryan forester on them there his pm please so he can get them back ...
Great report, sounded like an awesome day on the water.
Re: your buddies traps - I believe there's a big closed for prawning zone around South Passage Island, so if he was in the zone it's possible the traps were picked up by DFO. I still see people prawning in there despite the closure.

Hi Sangstercraft
I talked to my bud he showed me the closed areas and he had definitely dropped traps in an open area.I dd notice a bunch of traps in the closed area when I went by there yesterday,now that Im up to speed...

tight lines
Billydoo

Well it’s 830am and I’m at my boat in Captains Cove waiting for the winds to die down. Forecast shows diminishing winds late morning...going to head to the hump me thinks, but might head across instead, time will tell; I’ll give an update once I’m out there, hoping to leave the dock no later than 10am....

Well it’s 830am and I’m at my boat in Captains Cove waiting for the winds to die down. Forecast shows diminishing winds late morning...going to head to the hump me thinks, but might head across instead, time will tell; I’ll give an update once I’m out there, hoping to leave the dock no later than 10am....
Heading to hump right now . Big swells and chop At moment not too comfortable

Well made it out, decided to head across, fishing active area right now.
Was lumpy for half the crossing; beautiful now...gears been wet only 20mins, nothing...not much bait showing either; 85 and 135, spoons both sides...

Great bite at Thrasher today. 6 fish in 1.5 hours. Crazy action. The fish were nailing our spoons as soon as they were back in the water. Not a lot of boats out but I think everyone we saw was playing fish and waving nets. The fish seemed to be further offshore than normal but to be fair we didn't try our usual spots closer to the reef. It seemed like everywhere we did fish we were into them even though nothing was marking on the sounder.

Finally getting out tomorrow after a long month off the water. Maybe head to thrasher if the weather is decent. Will report back.

Well fished around Active for a couple hours with not a sniff, no other boats either. Pulled up and headed to Polier after hearing a buddy of mine was doing ok; he missed two and landed one...no action for me, I was dragging hardware where as he was using bait...by the sounds of Brian Rieber, I should have pulled up one more time and headed to Thrasher. Was fishing all depths, 90-135, spoons, hootchies and flashflys. Only saw one small butt bait ball all day. Trying to convince the wife to let me out tomorrow; probably just hit the hump. Brian Rieber, bait or hardware at Thrasher?

Last edited:
Well fished around Active for a couple hours with not a sniff, no other boats either. Pulled up and headed to Polier after hearing a buddy of mine was doing ok; he missed two and landed one...no action for me, I was dragging hardware where as he was using bait...by the sounds of Brian Rieber, I should have pulled up one more time and headed to Thrasher. Was fishing all depths, 90-135, spoons, hootchies and flashflys. Only saw one small butt bait ball all day. Trying to convince the wife to let me out tomorrow; probably just hit the hump. Brian Rieber, bait or hardware at Thrasher?
Spoons for us.

Well it looks like this "back injury" will be keeping me away from the baseball feild for another game tomorrow. I guess I'll have to go fishing instead!!!

Will report from the hump :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back