Status
Not open for further replies.
Survey guy at the dock is now counting how many crab we're catching, where and how long we were crabbing, first time i've been
asked that, sign of the times, i can see some changes coming maybe.

Vanier launch
I have seen that dude numerous times over the last couple years. He gave me a couple of sweet DFO bags for my catches. He also takes scale samples from time to time.

I have seen that dude numerous times over the last couple years. He gave me a couple of sweet DFO bags for my catches. He also takes scale samples from time to time.
Yea, that guy is awesome! Game me a sweet hat and some of those DFO bags as well. Calls me by first name anytime he sees me...pretty cool.

Heading to the Bell in a few hours. Anyone have an update regarding the wind?

15 knot gusts... but fishable?

Update : wind and tides are not cooperating

Last edited:
I think the winds are dropping now, my wife is at our place on the Coast and she says the Strait is calming down now.

Some bigger ones around the fish we got the smallest was just over 30 inches and taste awesome!! And these are mostly Columbia reds so they don't get to big to begin with , if ya gonna wait for the big ones you got the sqaumish run or summer fishing so kind of a waste of boat sitting around

Most fish caught locally are generally local fish within 130ish km's. Cheddar, Harrison, Puntledge, Squamish systems, Cowichan, Snohomish, Porteau, Serpentine and other systems. Bon Chovy just posted some great data from a few years ago on samples

Thanks for the info in bon chovey's site was interesting for sure , I'm heading out tomorrow with the zoo lol

Marine forecast is not looking too good for tomorrow, especially late morning. Hoping the forecast will be wrong.

That's what I could find on it not sure if I'm using app correctly lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180329-210034.png
    Screenshot_20180329-210034.png
    460.9 KB · Views: 48
That's what I could find on it not sure if I'm using app correctly lol

If you click on the slider at the bottom you can see the forecast throughout the day. Also if you click on the wind icon in the top right corner you can change it to wind gusts and wave height....I find it's been pretty accurate so far but haven't been out lately...also if you zoom out a bit you get the color coded charts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back