Status
Not open for further replies.
Trolled Grace and Tunstall. Dead quiet. Managed 1 hook up but spat it on the way up. Did manage a haul of crabs and some prawn though.

I didn’t see a net come out, nor anyone else hook up all day.
Seems like things have slowed down with the Plankton blooms starting.

Seems like things have slowed down with the Plankton blooms starting.

Yes, the water was noticeably brown as we travelled south in the sound. Although, very large (screen filling) bait balls seen suspended mostly 40’ off bottom near Tunstall.

Hi All,

I saw a structure on Sunday while fishing off the bell buoy,but I don't remember seeing it in the past... Its appears past the bell buoy straight off wreck beach / the north arm, I haven't noticed it before...? I have a photo can't remember how to post an image...

The structure looks like a piling with a dome on top and another thinner piling that may be a ladder? I am just curious.

Fished two hours off the bell buoy/mile markers one good hit but it wasn't meant to be... low tide. Green glow flasher and a squirt, 63 ft on the rigger.

MM

Attachments

• IMG_6579.JPG
    IMG_6579.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 225
Hi All,

I saw a structure on Sunday while fishing off the bell buoy,but I don't remember seeing it in the past... Its appears past the bell buoy straight off wreck beach / the north arm, I haven't noticed it before...? I have a photo can't remember how to post an image...

The structure looks like a piling with a dome on top and another thinner piling that may be a ladder? I am just curious.

Fished two hours off the bell buoy/mile markers one good hit but it wasn't meant to be... low tide. Green glow flasher and a squirt, 63 ft on the rigger.

MM

It's been out there for the last few weeks i've been out, it moves around the mouth of the Fraser river, , crazy looking thing looks
huge from a distance.

Fished HITW 2-6 today. Lots of fish showing on sounder and saw my first big school. 11 shakers caught and released. Fished between 65 and 99 ft. Majority on cop car

Heading out to the bell. Reports of fish hooked mid depths this am.

Update - 1 in the box, hooked down in the mud.

Lots of bait.

Last edited:
Fished the bell to QA yesterday afternoon for couple hours. One big hit that didn’t stick long at 130ft and a shaker from 80ft. Looks like the fish are still down deep. Only got 200 on my downriggers so I’m hesitant to go past 160.

Just a reminder to all...the minimum size for Chinook is 62cm recorded in INK on your license. Hatchery Marked Coho must be 30cm, when open.

Also, please respect the annual limit on Area 28 and 29 Chinook retention.

Don’t go netting or gaffing a fish unless you are SURE it is a keeper.

That is all....keep calm and conserve on.

End of rant.

Best winter fishing i've seen in Vancouver's harbour, washed a lot of hooks in the past, fish are through out the water column
bait are suspended now and at bottom, 80 to 130 rigger or smack on bottom, fish a very chunky thick meat, well from
past fishing these feeders will move on vey soon.

Skinny G Irishcream spoon, bought the new ones from PA and there the new ones with extra glow...

Good luck out there.

Last edited:
Last year they were around from late March to mid May. Mid April to mid May was the hottest never got sunked. Thrasher went off during that time as well so not many fished this side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back