Thieves back out of jail

Was eating breakfast at Dennys early this morning and I saw a Downtown East Side Type on a bicycle with a jammed old backpack, a 1980s-era 10 spd riding by. He had a full Size Scotty landing net in one hand. Stuck out like a sore thumb.

Carried on, went down to a local marina and you could see the tracks in the snow where the usual run of theives jumped the fence in the SW corner and their B-line through the storage yard...

Was eating breakfast at Dennys early this morning and I saw a Downtown East Side Type on a bicycle with a jammed old backpack, a 1980s-era 10 spd riding by. He had a full Size Scotty landing net in one hand. Stuck out like a sore thumb.

Carried on, went down to a local marina and you could see the tracks in the snow where the usual run of theives jumped the fence in the SW corner and their B-line through the storage yard...
What Marina?

Looks like cops laid more charges against the poor guy just protecting what he has worked for his whole life, the scumbags already on probation will be released before the honest shooter. Same old **** statements, give the scumbags what they want and call the police they will respond when they can/want. Why not announce to all do what you can to protect property and life. That sort of statement may stop/slow the crime. It stated rural, maybe he was scaring some coyotes away. Canadian justice continues to amaze me, thinking we need a couple years of 1800 justice to clean the slate. This could turn into a racist thing if scumbags were not "typical".

HM

Looks like cops laid more charges against the poor guy just protecting what he has worked for his whole life, the scumbags already on probation will be released before the honest shooter. Same old **** statements, give the scumbags what they want and call the police they will respond when they can/want. Why not announce to all do what you can to protect property and life. That sort of statement may stop/slow the crime. It stated rural, maybe he was scaring some coyotes away. Canadian justice continues to amaze me, thinking we need a couple years of 1800 justice to clean the slate. This could turn into a racist thing if scumbags were not "typical".

HM

This is why I call ******** on the “mental illness”. Not sayin it couldn’t affect anybody but In my neck of the woods the typical POS is white, male and between 20-45. Pretty selective mental illness if you ask me.

Need that 1 year of 1800's justice. RCMP are a major part of the problem, system is the other. Lets face it the criminals have more "rights" than victims in Canada. Not sure shooting scum in arm is the answer. Will be back at it soon. At some point the honest citizen must unit, take a stand and say NO MORE. Until then spend the money trying to protect what we worked for.

HM

I’m behind that too. RCMP shouldn’t be working for ICBC. They should be out there solving real crime. City’s and “jurisdictions” should hire their own traffic cops. Those fines would go into the city coffers to pay the wages. Simple really. That would free up the actual police to do what they should be doing.

Why not announce to all do what you can to protect property and life. That sort of statement may stop/slow the crime. It stated rural, maybe he was scaring some coyotes away. Canadian justice continues to amaze me, thinking we need a couple years of 1800 justice to clean the slate. HM

There is a country where it has been announced you can do just that, and buy semiautomatic military rifles to do it. And has it stopped/reduced crime in the US? Its higher on all counts than Canada or Europe. Allowing people to shoot burglers in the US and encouragement from the NRA to arm themselves mostly results in family members and aquaintances being shot in cases of mistaken identity, or kids getting a hold of the guns and shooting their friends by mistake, not burglers. The crime doesn't stop, it just means the burglers are also well armed to counteract the possible homeowner with guns increasing the likelihood of deadly encounters. Move to the US utopia if you think you will be safer. Civilized countries (Canada, Europe, Australia NZ) do not allow the killing of other people unless there is a direct threat to their own life, which there clearly was not here. The guys stealing stuff out of his shed are scumbags and I have no sympathy for them, but the shooter became a criminal too when he decided to try and shoot them. A civil society cant allow that. A "nice" side effect of the US guns for protection policies is you get to have mass shootings like Las Vegas, and school kids being killed periodically like sandy hook and parkland.

There is a country where it has been announced you can do just that, and buy semiautomatic military rifles to do it. And has it stopped/reduced crime in the US? Its higher on all counts than Canada or Europe. Allowing people to shoot burglers in the US and encouragement from the NRA to arm themselves mostly results in family members and aquaintances being shot in cases of mistaken identity, or kids getting a hold of the guns and shooting their friends by mistake, not burglers. The crime doesn't stop, it just means the burglers are also well armed to counteract the possible homeowner with guns increasing the likelihood of deadly encounters. Move to the US utopia if you think you will be safer. Civilized countries (Canada, Europe, Australia NZ) do not allow the killing of other people unless there is a direct threat to their own life, which there clearly was not here. The guys stealing stuff out of his shed are scumbags and I have no sympathy for them, but the shooter became a criminal too when he decided to try and shoot them. A civil society cant allow that. A "nice" side effect of the US guns for protection policies is you get to have mass shootings like Las Vegas, and school kids being killed periodically like sandy hook and parkland.
and as a result if you live in a major metropolis or a city with its own police force, you "might" be able to get a response in a reasonable amount of time, but what happens if you live in a rural district where police response (even with sirens ablazing) could be an hour or more? So whats the solution? If the country cannot provide a police response within a maximum time frame and asshat criminals know this and that they will not get shot at, and that if they do get caught, they will be out in 48 hours or less, what is the solution? At some point there needs to be a civilized society that protects the victims and not the criminals. With no deterrents, there is no motivation to rehabilitate. Repeat offender? Degree of punishment goes up exponentially. Eventually we reach a point where the repeat offender is no longer considered a potential rehabilitation candidate and we say "sorry, your opportunities to remain in civilized society are permanently revoked and you are now a ward of the prison system permanently... as in forever. I believe in giving everyone a second chance, maybe even a 3rd, but when you have these miscreants that are into crimes sprees by the dozens, and have not changed, I am done. Lock 'em up, throw away the key and do not worry about their prisoner "rights". They sacrificed those about 20 crimes ago.

Last edited:
Well I’ll tell ya this.... I catch somebody sneaking around my shop/yard/house in the middle of the night, I’m pretty sure I don’t have to worry that they let anybody know there out there being thieving pieces of ****. . Ergo: nobody knows where they are or where they went.......

Well I’ll tell ya this.... I catch somebody sneaking around my shop/yard/house in the middle of the night, I’m pretty sure I don’t have to worry that they let anybody know there out there being thieving pieces of ****. . Ergo: nobody knows where they are or where they went.......

Big man, its easy to brag on an anonymous forum how if some 15 year old kid tries to steal a few of your tools you will murder him and dispose of the body. If you would actually do it (which i'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you wouldn't) you are just a psychopath, and are the one who really needs to be locked up.

Nah. 5’10 and 200 lbs. so not that big.Deadly serious about protecting my wife/stuff/life, you bet... come sneak around here and see what happens.

15-50 it don’t matter. If that’s your life style you run the risk of meeting the guy your trying to rob.

Last edited:
Nah. 5’10 and 200 lbs. not that big.Deadly serious about protecting my wife/stuff/life, you bet... come sneak around here and see what happens.

I'll consider myself warned to avoid your redneck compound. Point taken from your comment......:eek:

Nah. 5’10 and 200 lbs. so not that big.Deadly serious about protecting my wife/stuff/life, you bet... come sneak around here and see what happens.

15-50 it don’t matter. If that’s your life style you run the risk of meeting the guy your trying to rob.
A good friend will help you move. A GREAT friend will help you move a body........................

Back