What Does Your Boat Weigh?

23Ft Hourston fully loaded #7500 lbs on the trailer hooked to the truck.

23' glasply with 4bt cummins and a 15hp prokicker with 20 gallon fuel tank, all tanks full 5500lb without trailer

19.5 fibreglass Lund with 140 hp OMC and 9.9 Merc 4 stroke, 150L of fuel, 2 batteries, downriggers, cannon balls and lots of rods and tackle. Sitting on a single axle Shoreliner trailer comes in at 1285 kg/2830 lb on the highway scale. Add some tongue weight and it's still sub-3000 lb.

24 foot Skagit Orca ....dry weight = 5,000 lbs......with Suzuki DF300 + Honda BF15 = 5,775 lbs; with 1,050 liters of gas = 6,825 lbs ; With full suite of marine electronics, gear, booze, dog, salt ice, spare propellers, and granola for camping =. 7,777 lbs without trailer

1984 Hourston 23 on a dual-axle Highliner trailer - 7700 lbs loaded for fishing [more if cruising] - on Pat Bay scales near Victoria. Almost disappears behind a Dodge 2500 with Cummins.

According to the manuals I have for each item;

Glastron GS160 - 1050lbs
Evinrude 115 - 306lbs
EZ Loader - 350lbs
=1756 dry weight without any gear.

I doubt I'm alone here. I've had a boat for about four years and don't have any real idea as to how much it weighs. So if you have weighed your boat please post the make, model, size, accessories (including motors), type of trailer etc. and its weight fully loaded with fuel and gear.

If we get a bunch of responses it should help other guys guesstimate their boats weight.

I have a 1979 17 ft Hourston glasscraft on a highliner bunk trailer. It has two 4-stroke motors a 60 and an 8.

I'm guessing fully loaded the rig does not exceed 3,000 pounds. I should get it on a scale the next time I have it out and about.

According to there website the 17ft runabout is 1000lb, older one like yours I would guess might be a bit heavier but somewhere in that range. So with your engines and gear I would say you would be well under 3000lb

20 hourston. Fully loaded on trailer coming from west coast with Al our gear, coolers, ice, fish, camping gear 6200 at scales

Wellcraft 22' coastal W/A with honda 225 and 9.9 was 6500# with half a tank of fuel at the scales in duncan.
Including the trailer ??reason I ask is my 25 wellcraft sportsmen, was 3900lbs without motor and less then a quarter tank of fuel, empty no gear or anything on board, figure it’s about 6000lbs with gear and motor, mine was weighed on a crane truck with a scale, I just picked it up to put on blocks when I bought it 6 years ago

Last edited:
Including the trailer ??reason I ask is my 25 wellcraft sportsmen, was 3900lbs without motor and less then a quarter tank of fuel, empty no gear or anything on board, figure it’s about 6000lbs with gear and motor, mine was weighed on a crane truck with a scale, I just picked it up to put on blocks when I bought it 6 years ago
Add 1200 or more for a trailer and you're at 7200. Still sounds a little light for a 25. But Hourstons are notoriously heavy and that's what my benchmark is.

Ran my GW 265 Express over the scales - 11,000 lbs with fuel. Bit of an eye opener. Now I try to make sure the tanks are empty before I tow it anywhere.

well it was a decade ago....but yes it was on a trailer. truck scales, not a crane load monitor.

Back