Wanted 18.5 Hourston / Double Eagle

Fish Rider

Hi
I'm looking for 18.5 Hourston/ Double Eagle hull. I have a motor just looking for Hull and trailer or hull. Inboard or outboard hull. Pm What you have or anyone you know selling. Thanks

Yes thank you for the post. I already have a 17ft Hourston just looking for the next size up. I seen the one from tofino but don't need the mercury anchor lol. I appreciate the help thank you!! Keep em coming!!!

There was a free 21 DE posted on CL a couple days back

Do you have a link for the Hourston hardtop?

I can't believe it is still for sale, must be something wrong with it, just do a Facebook search for Hurston :)

Victoria KetchumtoPowell River Buy/Sell/Swap
6 September 2017 ·

1995, Hurston Boat.
$4,500
Powell River, British Columbia
1995, 18 foot Hurston Boat.
Hardtop and Cover. (Cover can be taken off as well.) 150 HP Johnston, Outboard
Comes with kicker. For more details call 604-485-6036 or pm me.

Have you contacted Bill and asked what he has in the shop. He gets lots of trade ins all the time. The 18.2 is a a very popular size about as big as most people go that trailer their boat all the time.

apparently someone made them an offer for the land they couldn't refuse - more condos on the way

Still looking

Yes thank you for the post. I already have a 17ft Hourston just looking for the next size up. I seen the one from tofino but don't need the mercury anchor lol. I appreciate the help thank you!! Keep em coming!!!

Not sure how true it is but I’ve heard the 18.2 doesn’t handle anywhere near as well as a 17’. My buddy has a 18’2” and he said on a plane it’s quite unstable and wanders. I know it’s
The only one with the super deep v so maybe that has something to do with it. Once you get to the 20’+ boats the hull has the same design as the 17’ again but just bigger overall

Not sure how true it is but I’ve heard the 18.2 doesn’t handle anywhere near as well as a 17’. My buddy has a 18’2” and he said on a plane it’s quite unstable and wanders. I know it’s
The only one with the super deep v so maybe that has something to do with it. Once you get to the 20’+ boats the hull has the same design as the 17’ again but just bigger overall

Don't think I would agree with that, my 18' rides great and there's no doubt in my mind is much better in the rough stuff than a 17'.

It is however poded, with a 160L bow tank, 150 opti, and has oversized trim tabs. So the overall length is different than a normal 18'. The boat rides very nicely at 25knots around 3600-3800rpm. It will start to chinewalk around 42knots which is too fast anyways.

I would look at finding a 20' if you can for the small cuddy.

When I was looking for a boat a few years ago it was between an Hourston 18'2 and a DE 185 with a cuddy . I went with the DE as it was quite a bit bigger and have spent a few uncomfortable nights in the cuddy . :)

Hello, Are you still looking for a 18' Double Eagle?
I have a 1973 with a 1996Mercury 135.
Road Runner trailer
Recently reupholstered
Full canvas

Back