I finally did it... Bought a boat!!

ILHG

Crew Member
well, I finally did it... I bought a boat! After months of searching and learning I found my boat & bought it. Folks on this forum taught me a lot and prevented me from making mistakes. (Shout out to Franko for taking a lot of time to answer my questions)

I picked up a 2017 Hewescraft Searunner ET ST. I upsized the motor with a 150 HP Yammy. (Pics show the 115 HP they originally had on it). Ideally I would prefer a Evinrude G2, but economics won't allow it with amount of credit given for removing the Yammy. I. Ought the boat at Sherwood marine and got a sweet deal on it. (Boat show pricing). No one else could touch the cost. It was one of the times buying in Canada was the best price.

I can't wait to equip it & now my focus is on electronics and accessories.

I am beyond excited to have my dream boat! I will be pulling it up to Haida Gwaii this summer for 2 weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_2569.JPG
    IMG_2569.JPG
    199.3 KB · Views: 811
  • IMG_2568.JPG
    IMG_2568.JPG
    223.3 KB · Views: 764
  • IMG_2565.JPG
    IMG_2565.JPG
    250.8 KB · Views: 750
  • IMG_2567.JPG
    IMG_2567.JPG
    304.1 KB · Views: 725
Well done!

And Congrats on finding a deal locally.

I've fished two similar Hewes belonging to forum members and have done Very Well Indeed it seems that brand is built right so has few if any issues.

Our steering wheels are the same. You have a better everything else!
Congrats :)

Thanks Guys! I was very excited to share it with you all.

Great boat, Your going to love it. I've been running my hewes from neah bay to Canada and port angeles for three years now and couldn't be happier.

Sweet ride. I've been looking at the sea runner as well, really like them. enjoy your new boat!

very nice slaying machine you have there im sure in haida gwaii itll perform well! hopefully get a slab or 2 on the deck

Your gonna love that boat! I have the Searunner 210.... and have not EVER had a better boat for the chuck! Handles so well. You do sit lower than a typical cuddy and when you look at the length of the pod.. you sit Waaaaay forward.... that took a little getting used to... but once you are used to it.... nothing better. Its scary the first couple times waves come over the nose and fill the bow... but not a big deal either with the huge drains up front... it will handle more than you can I am sure..... congrats!

What a nice boat! I'm sure you'll be very pleased. You'll be happy you held off and got the extended transom. These are great boats. Durable, well handling, and seaworthy. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Best of luck with your new ride!

F

Right on & thanks guys! I have been chatting with @Waterwolf2230 about pimping my boat. Helping me come up with some ideas. I just don't want to be the one to drill a hole in it......

Gents, I ha e never bought boat insurance before. Any recommendations?

What do you think a boat like mine would cost to insure?

Back