Ice Fishing Brook Trout on the Skinny Ice

FishDoc

Got on on the very early ice this year fishing in the interior of British Columbia on November 10th for stocked brook trout. The fish were very aggressive and feeding heavily on this bright sunny day. It was my luck to hit it so well and catch a lot of brook trout including some very nice sized fish. The biggest went 17 inches which was my new personal best brook trout. I have never really fished them much before moving to British Columbia though. So far I absolutely love early ice brook trout fishing. They are super aggressive and will hit a variety of presentations. One that I find to work best is a small spoon with lots of jigging action to bring them in and then slow things down or raise the lure slowly to entice bites. Here is the action and tips from my second day on the ice of 2017/2018 season. I hope you enjoy, I sure had a blast out there. One of my best days ice fishing for sure!

Nice Vid and great job thanks for posting

Only thing better than catching them is eating them. They sure are nice smoked.. Yumm!

Hey Brandon
Save some for us, will ya.....lol
Another great Vid. Thks for sharing.
bobby
bigdogeh - smoked..........................to die for!!

Mmm smoked sounds delicious we should be drilling some holes and chasing brookies in a couple weeks, I'll have to smoke up a few.
brookies are my favorite eating trout

bobby
bigdogeh - smoked..........................to die for!!
There are lots! Hey I see you have a Walleye in your Profile Pic. Were you fishing the Columbia river down in the USA?

Mmm smoked sounds delicious we should be drilling some holes and chasing brookies in a couple weeks, I'll have to smoke up a few.
brookies are my favorite eating trout
Yeah smoked is great!

Only thing better than catching them is eating them. They sure are nice smoked.. Yumm!
I smoked up a bunch of brookies, rainbows and whitefish I caught last week. Everyone is enjoying it!

Fish Doc - Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas to all that on this board.
That walleye weighed in at 11lbs - tough holding that sucker for the Pic...lol....yep, down she went to swim another day.
Bay of Quinte a couple years ago - I was still an Ontario resident. Sold my house in July of this year and moved to BC.
Lot's of Ice Fishing ahead for me South Okanagan - Columbia River in the spring 2018 can't wait.
ps: couple days after that Pic of me, a friend on the same boat landed one just over 15lbs -

Fish Doc - Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas to all that on this board.
That walleye weighed in at 11lbs - tough holding that sucker for the Pic...lol....yep, down she went to swim another day.
Bay of Quinte a couple years ago - I was still an Ontario resident. Sold my house in July of this year and moved to BC.
Lot's of Ice Fishing ahead for me South Okanagan - Columbia River in the spring 2018 can't wait.
ps: couple days after that Pic of me, a friend on the same boat landed one just over 15lbs -

Wow yeah Bay of Quite would be a dream trip for me. Hard to tell it is that big wow nice fish. 15 is an absolute tank. Columbia around the Tri City Area has walleye over 20 pounds on the Columbia. I have to get down there some time and give it a try. Enjoy the South Okanagan. Lots of lakes around and some great trout fishing!

Back