The Return of NK Spoons

Dogbreath

Long, long ago there was a Salmon spoon called the Northern King and it dominated the market in the Great Lakes Salmon fishery, time marched on the maker passed away but remaining stock on EBay & the like commanded high prices and brand loyalty it seemed there was nothing quite like it-this in a crowded market.

Thanks to a board member who introduced me to them I saw how successful they were here in BC too both off the Lower Mainland and WCVI.

Almost impossible to buy any more though I followed the saga on various obscure sites and guess who's making them now?

Len Thompson fishing lures out of Alberta that's who and Northern King lures site.

I wish they'd done a better job of the website it's not a professional job but the colours are there to see-standards everyone will recognise and a few NK specials found nowhere else.

The Bad News is that I haven't seen anyone here selling them but I haven't looked either.

photos-northernking-updated-web-pt_orig.jpg
photos-northernking-updated-web-who_orig.jpg

Those look like they would kill well. We used a similar spoon on Lake Superior out of Thunder Bay quite a few years back but it was all silver and had 1 or 2 red eyes. The lake trout and salmon had a hard time passing it up. I was amazed at the time, the amount of feed (smelts?) at the time that would show up steady on the fish finder. It's not a wonder the fish were as fat as they were.... Noticed a lot of guide boats there sporting the colours you show on there spoons... alot in purples and blacks for sure.

Wow, the timing of this is so cool. I just saw this this morning on the the Facebook page of The Tackle Shack at Pacific Playgrounds. Apparently they will be carrying the NK Spoons for this season and it says they will be taking pre-orders for those interested. If I'm not mistaken, I think they have like a $5 flat rate shipping fee but I don't know if that applies in the off season or not?

I haven't seen them, but a buddy of mine says that the quality is awesome, the glow is incredible and that they are hand painted and the quality shows. Not to mention it's a Canadian product and made locally.

I know I can't wait to get my hands on some of these.

http://pacificplaygrounds.ca/tackle-shack.html

https://www.facebook.com/TheTackleS...769875406244/1933404430242786/?type=3&theater

(And no, I don't have any vested interest in the Tackle Shack. I'm just a life long customer that really appreciates their customer service! ;) )

Back