Anyone else having problems loading pages?

We have been trying different patches to enhance the server performance with limited success over the past couple weeks. As a result, we are moving to a new software platform that could be implemented as early as Tuesday night. You won't notice any difference in terms of the use of the site, but it should eliminate the slow downs and interruptions that have been occurring intermittently.

Hi Folks,
Thanks for your comments and patience as we work through this. A few more details on the software upgrade—We are moving away from the conventional Apache Web server software to an application called Litespeed. This software will give the server better capacity to manage RAM and CPU resources more effectively. This will result in quicker page load times and a greater ability to handle increased visitor traffic. We'll be making these changes today and we'll let you know when we're all done.
Cheers,
chrisp

got the server error all day today.

The site seems pretty snappy right now. So far so good with the new server.

Hi Everyone,

The software upgrade has been a success, despite the outage on Wed afternoon. We're now running the Litespeed Web server software. This has freed up 15-20% of the CPU and RAM we were previously using, so the site is indeed more snappy.

We also upgraded the server's firewall software. The new version has more tools that help us keep hackers out and a better ability for me to ban entire countries where these lowlifes seem to spawn.

We'll continue to keep our eyes open and monitor traffic but all indications show we're humming along nicely now.

Cheers,
Chris

Yes it has happened a few times to me since the upgrade. Not as bad as it was and it does seem to be a bit snappier in general. My guess is they are victims of their success and need more capacity period.

Same here. It seemed good to me at the start, but is happening again every session.

I recently had it happen very early in the am when there were very few on the system, which makes me wonder if it may be some sort of glitch/bug rather than an over taxed server.

Just happened to me now after a couple of weeks with no issues.Logged off then back on and every thing is fine again.Weird man!

I haven't had any issues until today. The page still loads but just lags; on all devices.

No problem, for a couple of weeks. Now often slow loading or not able to load the page - frustrating.

@Admin @chrisp I know you've done the update a month or so ago but really noticing a lag again on all devices. Windows PC, iPad and Android phone.

Have found this morning when clicking around that some clicks it takes 5 to 10 seconds for a page to load. Much like when you click on "Alerts" in the top right when you have them, it will take up to 5 seconds to display them. Not that it's a HUGE amount of time but things seemed to have slowed down somewhat.

... Not that it's a HUGE amount of time but things seemed to have slowed down somewhat.

Taking longer than that on my home machine - blistering fast on all other sites.
This one is painfully slow, up to a full minute to load a page, and constantly dropping replies etc.
Frustrating!

Matt

Back