2017 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Don't give up yet some nice fishing right now. Everyone catching fish mostly coho but some nice shiney springs. Saw a very nice 19 pound coho this am. Bait mostly not crowded people actually talking on the radio tell you how deep where they are and what they are using. No more are you fishing north of yesterday morning using the secret spoon we talked about at 2 pm just friendlys

much better after the long weekend googan show....

some boat named reef walker was tied up different times day and night at the grappler loading zone.. so nice when picking and dropping people with all there *****.. grrrrr
if that boat is doing the same thing next year it will get the alu love it deserves. i even tried talking to them reasonably about it... was still there at my 1;30 a.m. pick up time.

LOADING ZONE !!!!!

back at it monday!!

Fished Thursday to Sunday. Slow for us on Thursday and Friday(I expected it due to the full moon and weather change)...pretty steady action during and after the rain on Saturday. Did the "troll fast down the middle of the channel thing" and put 2 coho and 3 springs in the box during the flood Saturday. Got a nice spring(about 20 lbs) early a.m Sunday by Danvers, and a couple nice coho out in the middle across from Aguilar. Purple haze flasher and teaser with anchovies was the best combo. Heard a white hootchie was working well for some of the guys we talked to, so good action for them over by Robbers at the tide changes.

Reactions: RBL
Fished Thursday to Sunday. Slow for us on Thursday and Friday(I expected it due to the full moon and weather change)...pretty steady action during and after the rain on Saturday. Did the "troll fast down the middle of the channel thing" and put 2 coho and 3 springs in the box during the flood Saturday. Got a nice spring(about 20 lbs) early a.m Sunday by Danvers, and a couple nice coho out in the middle across from Aguilar. Purple haze flasher and teaser with anchovies was the best combo. Heard a white hootchie was working well for some of the guys we talked to, so good action for them over by Robbers at the tide changes.
Nice report, where is danvers?

Just for info-what depths were you at when fishing the middle??

been fair fishing still!! putting some time in we are still getting 4-5 mixed bag per day..

Went for a cruise out to Bamfield on Sat. and saw a # of boats out enjoying the sun and fog (love the new radar) on Saturday.
What a beauty day.

Some BIG boats coming in from off shore that were in the Tuna derby..we didnt wet a line but still managed to come home with a fresh tuna.(big thanks to one of the boats taking part)

IMG_9976.JPG Well
Another summer in the books
A couple of good buddies to share the last kick at it with , Kevin Victor , found a few fish ta keep us happy , the longest of the season was brought over the gunnel by Kevin , 26 lbs , The sea lions have moved in as well as the Humpees , signs of an ending season , short , but sweet for me

Winter time !!

Fd

Last edited:
We're heading to bamfield Friday for one last trip to wrap up the year. Any recent reports from the area would be appreciated.

Last week from whittlestone down was awesome for chum, springs and cohos. Springs deeper. Bait was working as were green needlefish.

Fished Saturday for coho and caught zero however 3 springs a dark 12 pounder and 2 fresh 15 pounders.All on blue pilchard 5 inch at 55 feet. Awesome whale show as 3 huge humpys followed us for an hour actually flip pen close with in 15 feet and I mean huge. Sunday was white fish morning a couple 8 pound lings a nice cabezon a few crabs even a huge sea elephant checked us out, first one we have seen. Pretty much a great weekend.

Tough weekend for us fishing wise this weekend but can't complain about how nice it was for the end of sept!
We went 1 for 2 on the troll with a eight pound coho in the box. We also got one keeper ling and sent back a couple undersized. A couple of bigger fish on the bottom broke us off so we'll never know what could have been!

We saw a black bear swimming across grappler inlet and some whales breaching in the sound.

Already looking forward to next year!

Back