Parksville/qualicum shore crabbing & fishing

newbie84

hello. New to the forum and new to the qualicum area. Looking to do some shore fishing and hopefully crabbing but not sure where to start. I've tried looking lots online without much help. I know that no one likes to give up their secret spots but any help would be appreciated. I have done nanaimo harbour before but was hoping for something closer to home.
Thx

Well there are Pinks being caught off local beaches right now/will be for a few weeks.

Have a look at the 'Pink Tackle' that's being sold at local shops and see if what you own is up to the task/have a chat with staff as to what's working then head north and check out local beaches especially in the AM.

Are these huge afternoon tides any good off ECVI?

Someone here must know.

Well there are Pinks being caught off local beaches right now/will be for a few weeks.

Have a look at the 'Pink Tackle' that's being sold at local shops and see if what you own is up to the task/have a chat with staff as to what's working then head north and check out local beaches especially in the AM.

Are these huge afternoon tides any good off ECVI?

Someone here must know.
Thanks. Any ideas for shore crabbing? Really don't know the area here that well. And really just looking at it more as a fun day out here n there.

Back