ever seen these i your salmon

bonez10

I found these white pearl like balls filled with a milky fluid on the lateral line in the fillets of a spring I got today anyone ever seen this before ?

Attachments

• 20245980_10159001639355291_7461871357594762162_n.jpg
    20245980_10159001639355291_7461871357594762162_n.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 207
Saw one pea size ball the other day. Sometimes there are dozens. Gross.
Shuswap posted this in the Protein thread:
"I understand that for some folks consuming farm salmon is just totally unacceptable because they feel it's unhealthy, but when a website like the one posted at the beginning starts criticizing farm salmon because of tapeworms (as if wild salmon have none) I just have to laugh. Here is a common parasite found in wild Pacific salmon that many salmon anglers may have seen. "

https://fishpathogens.net/pathogen/henneguya-salminicola

I had a couple fish a few years ago with filled with those white spots. I researched it and posted on here. Some people said its fine to eat but I saved it all for crab bait instead. I wasnt going to eat the stuff.

send it off to the Nanaimo bio station or describe it to them. I had a Chum that had white spheres in the flesh and they said it was a common thing, a parasite or something. was a few years ago now.

Nasty! Freeze those fillets for 40 days to be safe

If your eating halibut and salmon your are eating all kinds of stuff like that. Only difference is this salmonicola is visible whereas most of the items on this list of undesirables are not.

Last edited:
Tapioca disease

I never left

I check the board every morning. I just had an answer for the white balls

Back