Solo double header was the reward for getting out early before work today. Released the first which was oversize and the second was still on the hook after sitting in the rod holder banging away for five minutes. Lucky me had it for dinner! Chrome/gold and chrome/green heads on small chovy. Dinner at 94' big guy 64'

Ya there's nothing else posted regarding an extension of the slot limit. Looks to me that any 2 will do. Happy fishing!

Looking at heading up to Sooke in August! Long time belly boater, going to try my hand at salmon. Looking for an area to practice so I don't terrorize other boaters at possession while learning to salmon fish. Any recommendations for less busy areas to learn the ropes?
inside the basin is closed to fin fish. There is a lot of current out front. I'm not sure I would try it in a belly boat. The trailer park might be ok if you stay in the bay. Do you have access to a kayak? If you are really into self propelled fishing it might be the better way to go.

Gordon beach west of otter point is good for small boats. Unfortunately at the tip of Otter Point has currents and ebb tides. Very risky.

Fishing has been on fire the last two days, both mornings and afternoons. 7 springs up to 19 1/2 pounds yesterday and 9 today up to 34 pounds. The big guy was white. All shallow and on anchovy. A rough ride back out for the 2nd trip this afternoon and took 2 big greenies over the bow and the cabin as we fought our way past the bluffs. It took 50 minutes to finally get to the spot where I wanted to fish and once there it turned out to be the best water to fish along the way. Had it all to myself too. Love it!!!!

aaaa - Copy.JPG aaaaa - Copy.JPG

The guy with the Leafs hat is looking good :) GO LEAFS GO, good thing there were no nucks hats or you would have been skunked, maybe lost a couple and then blame it on the refs oh i mean the guide :D

fished whirl bay yesterday, went 4 for 5 biggest 14 lbs all up top 50 ft green blue chrome head -betsy flasher -got all first tide change /hour and a half bite/then nothing all day but refreshments lol

My lucky weekend...7 more springs today with the largest another white spring...this one went 31 pounds. Put on a real show during the battle.
20139964_10213212806450580_1524339396212265395_n.jpg

Afternoon Wind ... I have my boat moored in sooke and was planning on going out a lot after work for an evening fish . Seems to be windy every afternoon , just wondering about possession point if Gordon's beach is predicting 15-20 knots
185 DE

Thanks

Back