Campbell River Pinks

I took a good look from the logging bridge around 2:00 PM today and saw nothing in the way of Pinks at all.

Talked to a local and he says nothing yet too, but they can come any day now and I'll yell when I see some.

Take care.

I forgot to yell.

THEY'RE HERE!!!

Sorry.

Take care.

Yup, I'm at the river now. Lots showing, not a lot getting hooked.

I got snagged up 10 minutes in to fishing, gave it a yank and my rod snapped. Must have had a little ding in it from a prior incident.

Headed to sportsmans for a new stick, haha.

Last weekend was good. Not one every cast but enough bright fish to make it fun. Later on they get soft and are hard not to foul hook. A couple of guys were illegally keeping them above the Quinsam. Watch for a 30-40 year old chubby guy that can't stop yapping. Water is a nice temperature for wet wading.

I managed to tag a couple. Didnt witness any other caught.

I had to mix things up to figure something out that would produce. Went against traditional Pink tactics.

After I got a couple off on my own. I had 4 guys come from a ways away to snuggle up entirely too close to me. As if all the fish were at my feet.

Super fresh fish though. On to the bbq tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20180803_170219.jpg
    20180803_170219.jpg
    533.8 KB · Views: 69
Yes there is good fly fishing on the Campbell right now for pink salmon. Most of the other flows are too low and warm.
I suggest going to the "fly only" section of the river. It's easy to find on the upper part of the river. Good luck.

Back