2017 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

I know this ramp. At times, incidents happen involving boats when the ebb or low tides start. I wish that the ramp should be further down the river where there is no ebb. oh well. We all have to be careful.

And my Honda was stuck in up position---no power to drop it and fire it up. I was dead in the water----first time ever. Infamy!

small screw on the hydrolic ram is a bypass!!

thanks for the report !! too bad about the delays!

Good suggestion on the hydraulic bypass screw, Trophy. That was plan "B", but because my Honda sits on an extended bracket, the only way to get to the screw would have been inflating my Avon raft and coming in behind the kicker bracket with a screw driver

The jumper cables saved me from having to resort to the raft

New motor for me and day 1 was mostly break in putta putt. I did get out to seabird rocks by pachena bay and found a batch of coho..4 in an hour..only 1 clippy tho.
Day 2 ( yest) was really flat so i went out to the rats nose. Pyrosomes like cotton candy stands at the PNE...#÷×$% !!!!
I never kept my lines down long enuf to find out if there were fish around. In 5 mins, the dr line was blown back 60 degrees.
I went 3 miles or so further west and got a pair of 10lb chins and a 15lb hali.
Several more hali bit one after another..so i musta hit a carpet patch.

I trolled my way back across the bank fishing shallower for coho but within a mile the pink sausages were back in thick so i decided it was time for beer.
Not the best day for fish size but the sun and the flat water was killer!

Nice to hear some guys made all the right moves. I just spent four days in Bamfield with what can be summed up as ....mixed results.

So, to quote the cute gal standing behind the counter at Breakers in Bamfield, fishing is not always about catching

Sharp hooks I seriously always look forward to your posts. You must be an author because you have a way with words!

New motor for me and day 1 was mostly break in putta putt. I did get out to seabird rocks by pachena bay and found a batch of coho..4 in an hour..only 1 clippy tho.
Day 2 ( yest) was really flat so i went out to the rats nose. Pyrosomes like cotton candy stands at the PNE...#÷×$% !!!!
I never kept my lines down long enuf to find out if there were fish around. In 5 mins, the dr line was blown back 60 degrees.
I went 3 miles or so further west and got a pair of 10lb chins and a 15lb hali.
Several more hali bit one after another..so i musta hit a carpet patch.

I trolled my way back across the bank fishing shallower for coho but within a mile the pink sausages were back in thick so i decided it was time for beer.
Not the best day for fish size but the sun and the flat water was killer!
Well Done Terry. How's your new Japanese girl firend? She get you going the way you like?

when u taking me fishing ... I have time if you have the space.... need a cut plugger to show me how its done ;)

Was in the loops yesterday, 100 mile today of to the koots till Monday home tuesday, then maybe wet the lines :) will keep in touch, unlike you and FishT someone has to work:D:p

Missed the first thing bite Friday morning but there was fish to be had ... biggest was a 12lber for the day..Austin cree beale being the spots to fish... Skinny g and Oki Kentic flasher was the ticket for me beating out anchovies and the ATP for me....

20170630_101407.jpg

Nice picture, Derby, and glad you got some of the good stuff. That same pattern made my trip, though on a different spoon called "Cookies n' Cream"---good enough to eat

Was out there yesterday..Dam wind is killin it to get at where the fish are.. worked for them biggest was a 21lber on the
Skinny G again......

Fishing has been really good for springs, coho and halis. Outer islands have been the best, not a lot of biggy's yet, but I saw a 29 last week from the Wall. Our best was a 21, and a 9 lb coho. Lots of action and tons of bait, especially little herring.

Back