How to put RCA's on my Lowrance

frenchcreek

I have a Lowrance HDS-10 Gen 2. I would like to find a way to put the rockfish closure areas on the chart so they always show. Is there a simpler way to do this other than creating routes?

Yes pretty easy, copy onto SD card and import on to your lowrance unit.

I think there was a thread on this through the winter

If you know what you are doing, it sounds easy:) Does someone have a step by step way of doing this? They can PM me to explain off-line.

Doesn't answer your question but since I only have cheap electronics but always have my phone for music I just screen shot the regs showing them so I can look without service.

Google earth is your friend when viewing on a computer

No need to open for GPS units just save/ import. Should work on all platforms or units

Google earth is your friend when viewing on a computer

No need to open for GPS units just save/ import. Should work on all platforms or units
So, I open the link, scrolled down to area 29 Galiano Island North, scrolled across the page to the white down arrow, click on the arrow, a gpx file opens in pdf, but, it won't import?

Now that it is downloaded to you harddrive you are faced with two options. View on comp in google earth or save to SD card and import to your head unit on board storage

I could pm you later and help further. The site does work... 300+views in two months, with no complaints or broken links reported. maybe something with that particular file

So, I open the link, scrolled down to area 29 Galiano Island North, scrolled across the page to the white down arrow, click on the arrow, a gpx file opens in pdf, but, it won't import?
i downloaded the same file
moved it to an sd card
inserted the sd card into the head unit
scrolled thru pages till a came to files
imported it into my head unit there

the file does not open in pdf on my computer, WIN 8.1
it prompts me to find a program that is associated with it and directs me to the store

Attachments

• gali.JPG
    gali.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 42
to view it on your computer you need a gpx file reader. google earth does use .gpx

download/open google earth
click file/open
bottom right click and select "Gps"
click and navigate to where you downloaded the Gpx file
click open
all 3 boxes need check marks
click ok
done

I took a quick look and that list in the above link is great but a few are missing in the gulf islands/georgia strait areas. ie navy channel...... just a heads up.

Back