Fiberglass Cleaner

Capt_Ed

Crew Member
Well I finally found a decent boat to buy , 93 Trophy 2459. Lots of great new equipment, engine, fuel tank, trailer rebuilt etc. but the fiberglass is some areas has a few yellowy stains and I am wondering if anyone has found a product or homemade concoction to clean it up . For the most part the boat still shines and will come up with a good compounding and wax . Just looking to clean up those troubled areas.

Product called "Bio-Kleen oxidation remover" Just spray it on and 10 minutes later rinse off with a hose. All yellow gone. Picked it up at Parksville boathouse.

Boat life powdered fiberglass cleaner for me. Just make a paste with water and rub it in. Takes anything off

Natural marine boat/ yacht scrub from can tire.

Bar keepers friend is the best get the Fraser river yellow stain off like nothing and with you get it in the states at Walmart it's like a 1.89. That's all I use.

this stuff is all i use now ,

put it on a cloth , spread over the stained areas , and watch it disapear in front of your eyes , (non toxic)
wash and rinse , like new ,

and yes , barkeepers for those nasty stubborn stains ( toxic ) rinse well , and wax %100
FSR aroound $35-$45 for a 2 liter jug that will last ya along time , 5 outta 5 rating from me ,
removes that yellow scum on hulls after sitting in the marina for a week effortlessly

m2b

fd

180098_1.jpg

Last edited:
FSR for sure

We have an account at Western Marine is where I get mine from, as far as selling to the general public ,they told me Steveston Marine and Martin marine both carry it , not sure what the status of West Marine is , if their stores are still open they may have some still , If hooped send me a PM I could grab some for you , could pick it up my place ( coquitlam ) i'm there often these days , think it's somewhere is around $35-$45 2 L jug , Havent looked in a while BB

I'm out west for a while will be back in town next week

Felix

We have an account at Western Marine is where I get mine from, as far as selling to the general public ,they told me Steveston Marine and Martin marine both carry it , not sure what the status of West Marine is , if their stores are still open they may have some still , If hooped send me a PM I could grab some for you , could pick it up my place ( coquitlam ) i'm there often these days , think it's somewhere is around $35-$45 2 L jug , Havent looked in a while BB

I'm out west for a while will be back in town next week

Felix
Thanks for the offer, Felix. I'm in the Comox Valley, so Coquitlam is a bit of a reach. Buddy of mine here has an account at Western Marine as well so I can camp onto one of his orders.
Bruce

I'm with fishtofino, powder called Boat Life. best I have ever used. I get it from Independent Marine in Coombs. And Big Bruce they also sell FSR

The down sode with using any of these cleaners that effectively remove the yellowingbis that they also remove the natiral wax on the outer layer of the gelcoat. This means the yellowing comes back faster the next time. Polishing and waxing would help but doing the bottom is a crap job and I only get around to the front half of mine which isn't to awkward. I would have to lift the boat off the trailer to get at the back half. I have removed the yellow off the back half a couple of times but have never polished and waxed it. It looks just as bad as before after a summer in the water.

Starbrite Instant Hull cleaner. Amazing product
Starbrite Deck cleaner with PTFE (or something like that) another awesome product.
Both are super easy to use and work great. Available at Walmart, Chandler

Well after trying multiple products, everything but the Davis fsr, and not being happy with the results today I tried a $2.00 bottle of toilet bowl cleaner. Wipe it on wait 10 minutes lightly scrub with green scrub cloth and rinse really well. I wish I knew how to post pictures because the result was amazing.

Back