how not to tow a boat

kingblazer84

thought I would share this beauty I saw on the net this morning lol just wow... im speechless hopefully its not legit.

TheTango-DailyDose-0404201741.jpg

well it is a dually so he s prob well
within the law. must be a good reason
oh wait is that a ferry line up...?

good for him....now he has to deal
with overhight charges

Actually saw similar type of set up years ago in a Nanaimo ferry line up . Boat was a little further back and on more of an angle with bow highest point. Not sure of what is and isn't legal but physically allows to tow another vehicle, tent trailer or even a second boat behind you (some boat shippers do this ). Not only allows more to be towed but with the trailer not having mileage put on it, is a benefit to a customer having a trailer shipped that way.

Last edited:
Reminds me of a custom rig I saw a few years ago..HPIM1632.JPG

Attachments

• HPIM1633.JPG
    HPIM1633.JPG
    809.4 KB · Views: 28
At the outdoor show they had a similar boat hauler. they had a max weight i dont remember what it was but it was built in a way to haul the trailer with the boat on it just like the first picture above. Its a great thing for people towing a travel trailer and wanting to go fishing on there vacations. Within the legal limits of the tow vehicle and law

They dont charge for over height anymore just length and more expensive , I think that brilliant my truck with a utility trailer was 170 bucks one way gone up 100% in 6 years
thanks for privatization......

Yep me too. Extended cab long box and a 17.5' boat on tandem axle trailer. Nearly $600 return. Except that time I hit some kind of sale at Duke point. Then it was like 40% off I think. Cheap bastards too, asked how long I replied 42' and they doubted me. Whipped out there little wheel stick and measured. Sure enough 42'. Now when they ask I say I don't know.

Edit:
Wife says was Schwartz bay. Regular price for truck and she thinks 40% off the boat trailer.

Last edited:
78242.jpg

how the idea started lol

we are assuming crane or forklift.
hauling that up ramps may be a little
dicey.

Sit on any of the Alaska highway routes and you will see that sort of setup regularly.
Big pickup with boat and trailer on top with a house trailer attached to the hitch out back.

Do not know if it is still legal in Alaska to have 2 trailers attached behind your truck but as soon as these rigs hit the AK border the boat would come down and be hitched behind the trailer.

That rig shown is how they would get through BC.

You can tow a fifth wheel with a boat attached in the Yukon as long as your not over 80' or so. I'm looking into doing this. It's a bit of a pain to drop the boat, get into your camp site then hook up the boat trailer so you can launch the boat.

Back