2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I was out from sun-up to about 2pm. Fished around the bell and mile markers. 5 undersized scattered throughout the day. Didn't mark much bait or see allot of action from the other two boats in the area. It was a spectacular day tho...

Any other reports last few days? heading out tomorrow but undecided on where to fish. Found some at HITW friday and got one legal at Grace Saturday but a lot of boats were in that small spot... cheers

...so I ventured out on Tuesday morning to take advantage of the calm water before the weather hit later in the afternoon...dropped prawn traps off South Bowen and fished around the Tunstall area...nothing much to speak of there so headed further south to the lower end of the Hump where we got into fish within a few minutes of dropping the gear...numerous undersize harassed our gear with one coming in just under legal...tried a bunch of different gear...Skinny G and small anchovies produced the most activity...only a few handfuls of prawns came home for dinner...mostly jumbos however...Looking forward to heading out again soon...

The few fish I have caught the last couple weeks have all been suspended and im marking fish between 25 and 50 a lot lately at the usual spot like the QA and the Bell.,im hoping to get out next week I have the week of so hopefully I will have some good reports coming in lol

Wind deterred me from going out today. But looks like it wouldn't have actually been that bad. Anyone get out there?

anyone know what the weather is like out there today checked the cam's and they looked decent but hard to tell.

Was out yesterday... started at the hump but it was sloppy... left for QA for a bit then back to the hump for slack... calmed a bit later in the afternoon... managed two undersized and lost a keeper close to the boat... all on anchovies around 80'. It was a ghost town though... heard tunstall was okay in the afternoon..

Trolled out to the Hump this morning with the easterly behind. Picked up one small keeper on the way out but it would have been sloppy heading the other way so I pulled up and headed into Tunstall ... so far in Tunstall have only managed to do a good job of losing 2 keepers. Think I may have had my chances here so it is just about time to pack up and bounce back into the harbour.

Anyone heading to false creek from point atkinson? Im limping in on the kicker.

layed a string of prawn traps, two big commercial crab traps, and had an hour to troll defence islands. no bites for us or any others that we saw.. beauty day on the water

Back