Beginner Prawning question

apprentice

Crew Member
As far as I know, each person is allowed 4 Prawn traps for recreational Prawning. So if there are two people in a boat with Tidal waters fishing licenses, we are allowed 8 Prawn traps. My question is, can they all be in 1 persons name, ie with just 1 persons name on all the floats? Or does each person have to actually own, have their name on, the 4 traps (floats) that he/she is using?

SD is right, as long as you can somehow convince the FO's that you aren't fishing 8 traps and 4 of them are for someone else than you should be ok...tape, tags, etc...I've seen guys write it on a milk jug and tie it up to a float. You got options.

we take all kinds of people out.. if i have traps already soaking and want to put more out, the tape and sharpie is your friend.

Uses caution . I have talked with DFO many times with there boat loaded with traps with invalided Floats and labels, standing room only . There comment was Clear Name and contact number of licence holder on approved floats (no soap bottles, milk jugs Ect) off to public auction. I like the Duct tape Sharpie Idea , Thanks for the tip.

I go crabbing with the kids, the kids have licenses and the crab traps have our shared surname and phone number on them. Finally, they start paying off LOL

Back