2016 Tuna Adventures

Frick en outstanding Terry!!!

Maximum effort dude :cool: (huge respect for chasing them man).

So jealous. I really enjoyed reading the report. Thanks for sharing :).

Last edited:
Awesome report Terry! I've always wanted to do a Washington trip. Sounds like you rolled with the punches until it paid off... True grit! Way to hang in there till things turned around! You are a credit to the sport! Thanks for Sharing!

Awesome report Terry. You have gone the distance and put the time in this year for such a difficult year and it finally paid off with some pigs hitting your deck. Happy for you and popping a cherry of a newbie in an incredible way. Thanks for sharing.

Nice job. I'm hoping for calm waters next weekend and will give it one more shot out of Ilwaco on Sat. if all the stars align just right.

I asked to be put on ARSC email list

They have 5-6 man trips available for Oct 4 or 5 or 6th - prices and details are on their site ( http://washingtontunacharters.com )

I would be willing to do the leg work and motel bookings, licenses, etc if there was a group of guys from this forum who would be interested?
However, please note - I said 'legwork n organize' - not fund! ha - I can make it happen but YOU gotta commit and pay your own deposit and such.
sorry - but sad lesson learned from previous offers like this in my life.

They have 5-6 man trips available for Oct 4 or 5 or 6th - prices and details are on their site ( http://washingtontunacharters.com )

I would be willing to do the leg work and motel bookings, licenses, etc if there was a group of guys from this forum who would be interested?
However, please note - I said 'legwork n organize' - not fund! ha - I can make it happen but YOU gotta commit and pay your own deposit and such.

Westport Inn is decent for a night or 2. Get your license at the Chevron/Hungry Whale. There's always the bigger boats if All Rivers book up but their boats are top notch

Westport Seafood on the other side of the marina charges $50 for a tote of flake ice. I think you may have bought your ice from Merino's Seafood (next to the Westport Inn/RV.

This might be of no interest to anyone on here but I thought I'd share anyways. Tuna boats came into Rupert last night to hide from weather. Apparently fishing has been good off Haida Gwaii.

This might be of no interest to anyone on here but I thought I'd share anyways. Tuna boats came into Rupert last night to hide from weather. Apparently fishing has been good off Haida Gwaii.

You got my attention. The water looks good up there right now on Terrafin. I was wondering about the fishing.

Water has pushed in at Winter Harbor and a plan is being hatched. Still have the fever lol.

I like the late season fishing when its early morning with cool air and you hit the warm water and some times it steams a bit but either way you can feel the heat from it radiating upwards. So awesome. Good luck.

Clearly as suspected my season is over. Tofino was a complete bust this year.

I like the late season fishing when its early morning with cool air and you hit the warm water and some times it steams a bit but either way you can feel the heat from it radiating upwards. So awesome. Good luck.

Clearly as suspected my season is over. Tofino was a complete bust this year.

You might be fishing em in the next couple of weeks..... you never know lol.

We are most likely headed up this Thursday afternoon/evening and fishing Friday and possibly Saturday. Still hashing out the final plan and monitoring weather and conditions. The edge has moved way in up there.

My boat is full, we are waiting to here if Bear Cove can buddy boat it with us, and we are looking for more buddy boats if anyone is up in the area etc.

Back