2016 North Vancouver Firefighters Charity Fishing Fishing Derby

therise

Its that time of year again.

5th Annual North Vancouver Charity Fishing Derby
Friday September 23rd
Weigh in and BBQ at Lions Gate Marina at 2:00

Tickets available at Highwater Tackle ( 201 Lonsdale Ave)
or by e-mailing firefishingderby@gmail.com

Cost $75
Includes T-shirt, Burger and FREE boat launch at Lions Gate Marina

Great Prizes!

Silent Auction and Raffle

Last year we raised $18 000 that went to the Seymour Salmon Society and Athletics for Kids. That's a 4 year total of over $60 000!

http://www.seymoursalmon.com/
http://www.a4k.ca/

Only 150 tickets will be sold!
This event always sells out early. Lots of SFBC members were participants last year.

New sponsors / donors always welcome. Email firefishingderby@gmail.com for full details

Nice work as always! We've got a couple tickets already and look forward to seeing everyone out there. Last year fishing was awesome for this derby. We entered two fish in the mid-20's (finished 4th & 7th I think) and it seemed like almost every boat got at least 1 fish that day. Let's hope more of the same this year!

Just over one week away! Prizes this year are unreal - better than ever !

Some prizes include

- Yamaha motor
- Trip to Queen Chatlotte Lodge
- Scotty downriver
- Scotty prawn puller
- Islander reel

Get your tickets ASAP!

Well it looks like we're down to our last 20 tickets! Should be sold out by tomorrow. Highwater Tackle on Lonsdale has the last few left. Get em before they are gone.

Our t-shirts are hot off the press, and are the best yet!

Last minute sponsor spots still available as well.

Also, for those who can't make the derby, show your support buy buying raffle tickets.
$20 gets you some amazing odds of winning
- all expense paid trip to Queen Charlotte Lodge
- local salmon charter
-Arcteryx Alpha SV jacket
- Wakeboard

Email firefishingderby@gmail.com or visiting Highwater tackle

The Seymour Salmon Hatchery could really use all the help it can get this year guys!

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. Hoping the weather cooperates. Looks like rain and some SE wind at this point. The cap will be busy!

23 lb won it. watched a boat almost sink at the dock. great prizes !! weather was crap.

how did the fella with the wellcraft that was going down make out,\? I had to leave just as they were going to tow it around to the launch,
pretty brave soul stripping off and diving in and under without hesitation to check the stern plug,
pretty sure it must have had a scupper hose come off with the way it was taking on water.
hate seeing that kinda ****. looks like he just brought it up fron the us too, still had the wa #'s on it

This was the first year that I have attended this derby and I have to say I was excellent! Great job by the organizers and a huge thx to the sponsors for all the great sponsors. See you next year.

The guy with the Welcraft got his boat around to launch and on a trailer. Great derby! well organized. We will definitely get in on this again, hopefully its a little dryer next year.

Mike

Thanks for everyone that came out for the derby. With the generosity of the sponsors and participants, we expect this years total to be well over $20 000 going to the two local charities!

The derby was won by a boat and crew that had never salmon fished before and had just installed 1 downriggerdownrigger a couple days before. Talk about beginners luck!

Back