2016 Port Renfrew Reports

I've crossed that bridge 3 times in the last 2 weeks and every time I stop and ask if anyone's catching. The answer so far has been no.

Fished Renfrew Friday. Launched in the river at 9:00 am. Started fishing around the can bouy then headed out to deeper water looking for some coho. Trolled out to 650' then into camper where there were probably 15-20 boats. Saw 1 boat net a fish and we hooked one at 65 ft , on a spoon, that we lost. Pulled gear and headed back at 2:00pm. No fish but a nice day on the water

So here i sit by the door waiting for my buddy Brutus to stop by, rods all tied up, herring all ready to go, hooks all sharpened, wtf, must have picked up a nice young hitch hiker on the way and I got bumped for my coho fishery :(

So here i sit by the door waiting for my buddy Brutus to stop by, rods all tied up, herring all ready to go, hooks all sharpened, wtf, must have picked up a nice young hitch hiker on the way and I got bumped for my coho fishery :(
****,i was waiting for a reply,i tought maybe you where out of town working.i just got back,came back a day early had my 4, 15,14,12,12 and Cam my bud got a 18,fishing was ok pockets of fish here and there,release 4 wild in deeper water,no hatch for me.guys are starting to catch them at the mouth now.might be heading out again next weekend.my kicker crap out on me,need to try to get it going,troling with my cluncker diesel is not cutting it,my season is almost over,if i cant get it going probably shut her down for the season.

Last edited:
I fished Thursday with my folks and managed Two 10lbs Coho. Pretty slow and spotty from what I saw. Great weather and flat water. Fished Camper area Friday morning and saw a few fish caught but not many. Managed a 24lbs Spring around 9:30 just before we packed up. Nice way to finish my year.....

WTF brutus! wasup with you kicker?? Thanks for having Pete and I on board last friday, alway's a good time fishing with you man! Not to many around that day but Brutus did put us over a couple including this 18 LB. Coho. Nice clean fish, not a lice on it. Hope nothing serious with your kicker Richard!!

Attachments

• IMG_6554.jpg
    IMG_6554.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 124
WTF brutus! wasup with you kicker?? Thanks for having Pete and I on board last friday, alway's a good time fishing with you man! Not to many around that day but Brutus did put us over a couple including this 18 LB. Coho. Nice clean fish, not a lice on it. Hope nothing serious with your kicker Richard!!
dont no about kicker,it just looked like it ran out of gas,then started it again and rev up and died over and over would not stay running,so i gave up and trolled with the clunker,switch is ****** up on it so will have to investigate if its a fuel problem or ignition problem,just need a bit of time should be able to figure it out,maybe just bad gas.just a ***** to work on standing on the swim grid,just dont want to pull it out the water this late in the season

Full Moon boys...give it 3 days or more to pick-up again....fish's brains got a bit of a non bite mode..saw the natives siene in a nice 100 lot on sat. morning off the bar...no water in the river.

Spent 5 hours fishing from the shore today by the bridge next to the campground with 0 success. Was casting spinners and hoochies. Anyone have any recommendations on what I should be using? I saw plenty of salmon jumping between 5-10 lbs but only saw 1 person catch a coho roughly 6lbs out of a dozen people fishing there.

Its called lock jaw. I have fished there many times and get few bites.. People that get them use buzz bombs and snag them. I have had better success up river in the estuary.

Thanks, I think the guy who I did see catch the 6lb used a buzz bomb but i didn't get to ask him as he left so quick. I think fishing past the bridge is still off limits as it freshwater no? The salmon doesn't taste as good when its not in its saltwater body to?

Thanks, I think the guy who I did see catch the 6lb used a buzz bomb but i didn't get to ask him as he left so quick. I think fishing past the bridge is still off limits as it freshwater no? The salmon doesn't taste as good when its not in its saltwater body to?

Probably left in a hurry because it was foul hooked, **** if the bite is starting why leave?

i am comming up again this weekend,u cumming???my kicker is ****** up i will try to fix it on friday if not clunker it is

Sorry bud have to take the ole blister out for anniversary brunch, only 20 days late as i was hunting :) then gone to the cabin, good luck with the end to your season and good luck hunting.

Back