2006 Yamaha T8 Gas in Oil ( crankcase )

for whatever its worth , the clear white clean 4 stroke oil i put in 20 hrs ago , made almost 500ml of oil ,
yes oil was now red and reeked of gas , again , i will change fuel pump diaphrams and thermostat
both do , no biggy , wont know for sure until next spring when i run it , cant imagine washing lures here in Van for 30 hrs lol ,
will have to wait....

thx to all that replied , i read the exact same remedies online ..

felix

FWIW I've had the same problem with my kicker (Tohatsu 8hp) from new & it now has ~600 hours. Like you trolled the web for hours & found lots of posts on "making oil", almost all referring to kickers. Assume from my reading the issue is because I've only run it as a kicker & never properly broke it in when new so never seated the rings properly. I've taken to running 15w-40 in it & find that I can get 30-40 hours before the oil goes red but I've never had it smell gassy. I don't lose much sleep over it as it only takes a few minutes to change when I have the boat out of the water so I try to change the oil every 20-30 hours as none of the other solutions made any difference. Next year I might go to 20w-50 to see if that changes things.

Back