Charlie White

Bjw

Looking through the old gear my dad and I use to fish found a couple Charlie white s "the lure " I remember trying them a couple times way back in the day around the fraser mouth, never had much luck if any... Just curious if anyone has any success with the lure
Ps. Love looking at the old gear... Awesome memories!

Looking through the old gear my dad and I use to fish found a couple Charlie white s "the lure " I remember trying them a couple times way back in the day around the fraser mouth, never had much luck if any... Just curious if anyone has any success with the lure
Ps. Love looking at the old gear... Awesome memories!
Sorry should not b in this section

Went to his release video at the queen e. Caught fish with the lure but not lots. Is the lure your dad had newish looking or all torn up?

Went to his release video at the queen e. Caught fish with the lure but not lots. Is the lure your dad had newish looking or all torn up?
Got one that's rusty that we used with no success and two still in the pack

Too funny. I was going through some of my old stuff, and found a bunch of those lures. At one time, I bought a dozen on ebay, years ago. the lure I am thinking of looks like a rolling fish with a spinner blade at the tail? Like everypone else, I never caught hardly anything on the "ultimate lure" , lol. I had almost every video that Charlie White put out. He had a great impact on how we all fish today, including Scotty products.

I went to his release of "the lure", it was him talking on stage then showing his video evidence of it working. We were at the old theatre at the Victoria museum if I remember correct.

Charlie was on stage giving the pre-talk before the film, he was getting a little too wordy and taking too long. Finally one guy from the crowd yelled "shut up and get on with the movie." Which Charlie did. LOL

The underwater video footage of the fish coming up to look at the lure was cool and revolutionary for its time I'd say. It was interesting to watch but I still didn't buy any of those things. :D

I love old gear...I met Charlie when I was young, my mom knew him through a group of friends. We caught coho on his lures, but as an adult - I never again fished any of his lures. I've attached a picture with his lure and a couple of similarly used lures. Oh, and don't let the barbs scare you...I don't fish with any of these. :)View attachment 29620

What's the middle lure called? I've got the same lure but mines blue and gold.

i was going threw dads old tackle the other day and saw that cut plug lure as well. Also found a plastic lucky Louie and the Charlie white lure haha

i was going threw dads old tackle the other day and saw that cut plug lure as well. Also found a plastic lucky Louie and the Charlie white lure haha

You don't want those old lucky Louie's and cut plug lures, they're just junk. I'll take them off your hands for you. :)

I love those old Les Davis cut plugs. If anyone wants to sell there old ones I'll take them off your hands.
I had great success this year in spring using the Les Davis 4" cut plug. I bought another on ebay recently. Not cheap, but those lures work very well.

I had great success this year in spring using the Les Davis 4" cut plug. I bought another on ebay recently. Not cheap, but those lures work very well.
Yes they do. I usually coat them in Mike's herring jelly, the fishseem to like that. I've Never had any luck on the smaller, or larger sizes, but the 4 works great at times.

Some say Charlie caught more fisherman than fish, lol.

I have a bunch of his old books, every season I give them a quick skim, and dole them out to friends on fishing trips. Theyve got lots of good basic info, and most of it is still applicable today. What I read in those books many years ago has definitely impacted the way I fish today. Im sure the same goes for others too.

Some say Charlie caught more fisherman than fish, lol.

I have a bunch of his old books, every season I give them a quick skim, and dole them out to friends on fishing trips. Theyve got lots of good basic info, and most of it is still applicable today. What I read in those books many years ago has definitely impacted the way I fish today. Im sure the same goes for others too.

Way back in the day before the internet in the dark ages, there was not a lot of local fishing information sources. Charlie White pretty much wrote the bible for local anglers, everyone that fished in the 70's grew up reading his fishing tips. He literally wrote the book on how to fish in BC. Charlie White, Alec Merriman, and Lee Straight basically taught a whole generation of guys how to fish in BC with their informative fishing books. I still find their books good reading today.

Back